Adobe Illustrator Path Not Printing

jidonavan

I just started designing airplanes using NerdNic's Design Videos. They are super awesome and I learned a lot but he doesn't talk about how he uses them after he is done designing. How do you export plans to PDF in tiled format? My biggest question though is when I try printing tiled plans directly from illustrator some of the paths are just not there. I have no idea why and I haven't found anything that helps online. Any ideas or feed back would be great!
Printed
tempImagebyMvTg.png

What is supposed to look like
Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 1.59.05 PM.png

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
I just started designing airplanes using NerdNic's Design Videos. They are super awesome and I learned a lot but he doesn't talk about how he uses them after he is done designing. How do you export plans to PDF in tiled format? My biggest question though is when I try printing tiled plans directly from illustrator some of the paths are just not there. I have no idea why and I haven't found anything that helps online. Any ideas or feed back would be great!
Printed
View attachment 198826
View attachment 198827
no idea. try exporting it to reader, or I can probably give you the exe file for scalari, a program that you can scale and tile prints with it.

Test Fly RC

Elite member
Printed
View attachment 198826
View attachment 198827
Try Selecting the plans then go to edit then click on resize page to selection then go to file then click save as, then click PDF then Click save, then open the plans in Adobe Acrobat Reader then click on the print button then click on poster then click print!

I use Inkskape but it should be similar in illustrator!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Printed
View attachment 198826
View attachment 198827
Once I have something in illustrator that I want to print off, I go to save a copy, and then save it as a pdf. I then use Adobe acrobat to print the plans. The best way for tiling plans that I’ve found is to make each sheet of paper a whiteboard and then line them all up in a 4x2 rectangle and drag a copy of the parts onto the new group of whiteboards, then save that series of whiteboards as a pdf, and then you can print it out from acrobat.