Adtech pro 200wt OR ft 300wt glue gun?

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
I have been using a pro 200 for the last few years and it is really good. I don't know much about the FT one but it should also be a good glue gun. The FT glue gun is on sale right now but it may cost more than the adtech because you would have to pay shipping from FT (unless they have free shipping or something). The adtech is on amazon with free shipping so it might end up costing less.
I can't say much about the other glue gun, but I can say that the pro 200 is absolutely amazing and so far I haven't had any issues with the amount of power or glue output it can give. I upgraded to it from a little mini glue gun and instantly fell in love.
Also, I got a 5 pound box of adtech glue sticks when I ordered the gun. I still haven't run out yet and have a few years of glue sticks left lol. Only costs 20 bucks too (also on amazon).

Musdang

Not Quite Legendary
I have been using a pro 200 for the last few years and it is really good. I don't know much about the FT one but it should also be a good glue gun. The FT glue gun is on sale right now but it may cost more than the adtech because you would have to pay shipping from FT (unless they have free shipping or something). The adtech is on amazon with free shipping so it might end up costing less.
I can't say much about the other glue gun, but I can say that the pro 200 is absolutely amazing and so far I haven't had any issues with the amount of power or glue output it can give. I upgraded to it from a little mini glue gun and instantly fell in love.
Also, I got a 5 pound box of adtech glue sticks when I ordered the gun. I still haven't run out yet and have a few years of glue sticks left lol. Only costs 20 bucks too (also on amazon).
I’m thinking about the ft glue gun. It’s only $30 and shipping is only like $2. 300wts is more than I’ll ever need, and plus I’ll be supporting ft.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I own and have used both. You won't be sorry about your purchase with either one. The thing I like about the FT 300 is that it's variable temp so you can dial it in to what you need.

NASAGuy

Attachments

• 49C9D793-D35E-41C3-BADA-A616DB541F72.jpeg
    49C9D793-D35E-41C3-BADA-A616DB541F72.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 48AB16CA-5901-4BB4-94D1-914052EC1C87.jpeg
    48AB16CA-5901-4BB4-94D1-914052EC1C87.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • AC79D52E-9469-4EBC-860F-3A241D247A0F.jpeg
    AC79D52E-9469-4EBC-860F-3A241D247A0F.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

bigdano711

I own and have used both. You won't be sorry about your purchase with either one. The thing I like about the FT 300 is that it's variable temp so you can dial it in to what you need.
What if you don't know what you need? Like, what's a good starting point on the dial? I went one notch below High and I'm pretty sure that was too hot. Glue seemed to be steaming or boiling, possibly? Also, I'm high altitude, does that make a difference?

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Start right about in the middle and adjust a line or two up or down as needed. I think Josh talks about it in a couple of the more recent build videos. I can't remember which ones off the top of my head though. Maybe someone will find them and post a link.