Adventure awaits!

K3V0

Elite member
This little guy arrived on Thursday!
9F3583A4-ACEC-469E-BB42-243F17678D3F.jpeg
I assembled it yesterday with my son and we were supposed to maiden it today but the wind is up. We’ll wait for more ideal conditions and then give it a go! I’m so excited!😁
Here are the different gear set ups.
2689F528-C0C8-4AB6-AAC8-21E5DFBA14D0.jpeg
3DB99433-717A-4C58-8140-3D3D046CE543.jpeg

I think these floats are my favorite!
989C00C3-6FE8-4C25-87BA-E45532694B0F.jpeg

I hooked up a flysky Rx inside and started everything up with a 2C 650mah battery. It’s more than I’ve seen it rated for but it was the smallest battery I have so far. The movable nose wheel is pretty adorable and it taxied around my driveway just fine.
I’ll update as I maiden the plane and see how things go. If anybody else has picked one up feel free to share your experience too😃
Happy Saturday, all!

Zetoyoc

Elite member
This little guy arrived on Thursday! View attachment 157178 I assembled it yesterday with my son and we were supposed to maiden it today but the wind is up. We’ll wait for more ideal conditions and then give it a go! I’m so excited!😁
Here are the different gear set ups. View attachment 157180 View attachment 157179
I think these floats are my favorite! View attachment 157181
I hooked up a flysky Rx inside and started everything up with a 2C 650mah battery. It’s more than I’ve seen it rated for but it was the smallest battery I have so far. The movable nose wheel is pretty adorable and it taxied around my driveway just fine.
I’ll update as I maiden the plane and see how things go. If anybody else has picked one up feel free to share your experience too😃
Happy Saturday, all!
that looks great. I am looking forward to your impression of it.

frank-da-tank-

This little guy arrived on Thursday!I assembled it yesterday with my son and we were supposed to maiden it today but the wind is up. We’ll wait for more ideal conditions and then give it a go! I’m so excited!

I just got this guy delivered too, and my 5yr old and I are pumped. However, this being my first plane build, the instructions leave quite a bit to be desired. The cover mentions a step-by-step video online, but the page listed gives a 404...and chat support wasn't any help.

I've got the basics done (starting with tricycle gear setup), but not sure how/where to hookup the receiver, battery, etc. I'd like to think I'm fairly tech savvy, but am over my head here! Would you be able to post some pics of the electronic connections for me? Any help is appreciated!

K3V0

Elite member
Heyo, @frank-da-tank- ! Welcome to the forum! I’ve been waiting a week for weather and work to give me a window. But tomorrow morning looks great to fly!😁
The electronics are all pretty similar. The difference will probably be in the receivers and battery connector. This will effect how things are hooked up. I took @Hondo76251 ’s idea and put my rx under the wing.
FA020849-305A-48A0-A57E-077946DEB044.jpeg
7C0BF5B7-BFA1-4C40-A04F-B5F24EE89239.jpeg
the wire bundle seems to just clear the servos and movement. You should check out his thread on the new FT Beaver. Lots of good stuff there. The adventure has a little less space up front and I want to avoid fouling up the steering control rod so mounted one battery sideways
BDAA0C03-648C-4F8B-A989-8F8B9BA521F3.jpeg
Mostly I’m trying to arrange the wires with reasonable neatness and accessibility . Here are the batteries I have for it. I made a jst/xt30 adaptor so I could use everything
56AB0460-52B4-4D92-8BAE-6E3958CD306A.jpeg

I think there will be a video soon, just from the different YT channels it looks like they’re all busy these days😉
That’s cool you’re flying with your 5yo. Does he get to try the sticks yet? I bring my 3yo with but he’s on camera duty for now. I do let him play with the mavic air on beginner mode (30’ sphere of use and super slow), after moving to planes the magic seems pretty much hands off😆
I hope this helps a little! Good luck with your flying!

Last edited:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I just got this guy delivered too, and my 5yr old and I are pumped. However, this being my first plane build, the instructions leave quite a bit to be desired. The cover mentions a step-by-step video online, but the page listed gives a 404...and chat support wasn't any help.

I've got the basics done (starting with tricycle gear setup), but not sure how/where to hookup the receiver, battery, etc. I'd like to think I'm fairly tech savvy, but am over my head here! Would you be able to post some pics of the electronic connections for me? Any help is appreciated!
What brand of transmitter/receiver are you using? That will determine the different order you plug your wires into your receiver.

frank-da-tank-

Heyo, @frank-da-tank- ! Welcome to the forum! I’ve been waiting a week for weather and work to give me a window. But tomorrow morning looks great to fly!😁
The electronics are all pretty similar. The difference will probably be in the receivers and battery connector. This will effect how things are hooked up. I took @Hondo76251 ’s idea and put my rx under the wing. the wire bundle seems to just clear the servos and movement. You should check out his thread on the new FT Beaver. Lots of good stuff there. The adventure has a little less space up front and I want to avoid fouling up the steering control rod so mounted one battery sideways Mostly I’m trying to arrange the wires with reasonable neatness and accessibility . Here are the batteries I have for it. I made a jst/xt30 adaptor so I could use everything
I think there will be a video soon, just from the different YT channels it looks like they’re all busy these days😉
That’s cool you’re flying with your 5yo. Does he get to try the sticks yet? I bring my 3yo with but he’s on camera duty for now. I do let him play with the mavic air on beginner mode (30’ sphere of use and super slow), after moving to planes the magic seems pretty much hands off😆
I hope this helps a little! Good luck with your flying!

Wow, thank you so much for the welcome and wealth of info here. The photos help a lot, and I think I've got it now. Going to give it a go this morning. I think I'm just used to more, "this goes here" instead of "put it where it makes sense", which I actually like a lot more.

Little dude will probably take the controls once I'm comfortable enough with it to show him the ropes. But he does surprisingly well with our drones and bashing rc trucks. Though there's a bit more margin for error there! Its definitely a fun hobby to share (and nice excuse to get more toys for kids big and small). I was actually looking at the mavic air too, how do you like it? That's awesome that at 3 he's getting the hang of controls. He'll be FPV-ing in no time!
Thanks again, and good luck on your maiden voyage today - hope your little dude gets some good coverage to share :cool:

bobr

Hello All,

Has anyone tried a Stabilized Lemon RX?? Maybe remove the case to reduce the weight?

Bob Ross

K3V0

Elite member
Well, I got to do a maiden flight yesterday. I actually had this little plane in my car all weekend trying to find the right time and place to fly but the weather wasn’t cooperating. So Monday it was. I have to say that she flies really well! I used a 500mah and was able to cruise around and get some landings in.
A28DE48C-7679-4D9E-9275-37A284A58912.jpeg
I used the tail dragger configuration because of where I was flying. I’ve been bringing the tricycle and float set ups along in case I find a good spot for those too.
After a couple of nice flights I went up again and when turning into the wind to land I donked her pretty hard on the lower nose.😫 this is what I walked up to
129D9C1F-6B57-42FD-A1E8-353605D5031B.jpeg

B4AE274B-FA7F-45C0-9C83-1226314F817E.jpeg
the battery hatch had popped off but that’s magnetic so no worries there. I was more immediately upset by the wing anchor point ripping out! And even the front wing mount too!🙁
4452D831-7BE2-4E2B-A306-90B0A5773D95.jpeg
F555371E-0635-4779-94CB-337DBFEA0DA2.jpeg
1BF7F68B-40F8-4D3B-95EF-CFA928BC232D.jpeg
433BA4A5-305E-43F6-8D94-4C46ADC97D32.jpeg
7944FF09-D54C-4A89-8668-653AF9A96322.jpeg

Turns out I had also cracked the motor mount, the right side of the fuse and the nose cowling.
I left the field feeling pretty dejected about my flying and decision to buy a pnp plane.
After lunch and few hours later I went in to asses the damage. With a trusty bottle of gorilla ca glue and some scotch tape I fixed the nose cowling, wing mounts, motor mount and cracked fuse. Things are starting to look up. I was kinda upset because I haven’t seen parts listed for this plane yet. I was anticipating putting her on the shelf for a while but I think things are gonna be ok.
D99050C9-BF5E-4295-8BA1-5963E949E68D.jpeg
3D4706C2-8E57-40CE-BC4A-1DE463C2A8F2.jpeg

I am worried about the motor mount and have been thinking of replacement options. In the mean time I wanted to reinforce the glue job I had already done. While the gorilla glue seemed strong I wanted more so I went to the drawer and found some sugru .( Well, old sugru, so we’ll see how it works) if you haven’t used it, sugru is like a silicone putty that you can mold and it will glue on and hold shape. It’s flexible too. I’m hoping it provides the help it needs.
8B7D5595-A043-44A5-BF2C-67E5D1B8725E.jpeg

Overall, I’m happy I have this plane! It’s a bummer to have crunched up a new bird and have to figure out repairs so soon. No doubt some of you are happily zipping around with still perfect planes, I hope to get to that point too. But for the others who are crashing/ having frustrations like me, keep going! It’s foam, we can always rebuild and get back up into the sky again.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Well, I got to do a maiden flight yesterday. I actually had this little plane in my car all weekend trying to find the right time and place to fly but the weather wasn’t cooperating. So Monday it was. I have to say that she flies really well! I used a 500mah and was able to cruise around and get some landings in. View attachment 158489 I used the tail dragger configuration because of where I was flying. I’ve been bringing the tricycle and float set ups along in case I find a good spot for those too.
After a couple of nice flights I went up again and when turning into the wind to land I donked her pretty hard on the lower nose.😫 this is what I walked up to View attachment 158490
View attachment 158491 the battery hatch had popped off but that’s magnetic so no worries there. I was more immediately upset by the wing anchor point ripping out! And even the front wing mount too!🙁 View attachment 158496 View attachment 158492 View attachment 158494 View attachment 158495 View attachment 158497
Turns out I had also cracked the motor mount, the right side of the fuse and the nose cowling.
I left the field feeling pretty dejected about my flying and decision to buy a pnp plane.
After lunch and few hours later I went in to asses the damage. With a trusty bottle of gorilla ca glue and some scotch tape I fixed the nose cowling, wing mounts, motor mount and cracked fuse. Things are starting to look up. I was kinda upset because I haven’t seen parts listed for this plane yet. I was anticipating putting her on the shelf for a while but I think things are gonna be ok. View attachment 158502 View attachment 158503
I am worried about the motor mount and have been thinking of replacement options. In the mean time I wanted to reinforce the glue job I had already done. While the gorilla glue seemed strong I wanted more so I went to the drawer and found some sugru .( Well, old sugru, so we’ll see how it works) if you haven’t used it, sugru is like a silicone putty that you can mold and it will glue on and hold shape. It’s flexible too. I’m hoping it provides the help it needs. View attachment 158504
Overall, I’m happy I have this plane! It’s a bummer to have crunched up a new bird and have to figure out repairs so soon. No doubt some of you are happily zipping around with still perfect planes, I hope to get to that point too. But for the others who are crashing/ having frustrations like me, keep going! It’s foam, we can always rebuild and get back up into the sky again.
Too bad about the crash but I’m glad you got it fixed!

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Ouch! Looks like you had a bit of a rough go! Happens to all of us... my timber took a heck of an oopsie not long after I got it.
20200218_210616.jpg

Cartwheeled it on a bad landing, pretty much shredded the fuselage. Broke the prop shaft, tore the floats in half. A little gorilla glue and patience and I've made probably a thousand landings on this plane since then... the timber isnt half as durable as the beaver. I'm going to have to get one of yours too and do a heads up comparison on all of them! (Unless you feel like driving yours to Wyoming!) 😁

Last edited:

K3V0

Elite member
Ouch! Looks like you had a bit of a rough go! Happens to all of us... my timber took a heck of an oopsie not long after I got it.
View attachment 158509
Cartwheeled it on a bad landing, pretty much shredded the fuselage. Broke the prop shaft, tore the floats in half. A little gorilla glue and patience and I've made probably a thousand landings on this plane since then... the timber isnt half as durable as the beaver. I'm going to have to get one of yours too and do a heads up comparison on all of them! (Inless you feel like driving yours to Wyoming!) 😁
Thanks for that, brother! I just spent a pleasant 20 seconds imagining a road trip to Wyoming rn.