advice needed

raptorman1957

Just finished construction of the flitetest alpha 2205 motor ,20amp esc and 3 cell 850 mh lipo . Its turned out realy well so going to give a paint job my question how much weight can afford to carry before it becomes unflyable, may sound a stupid question but i i have only flown helicopters in recent years and it has to be forty years since i last flew aircraft and then electric power was just a dream.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Just finished construction of the flitetest alpha 2205 motor ,20amp esc and 3 cell 850 mh lipo . Its turned out realy well so going to give a paint job my question how much weight can afford to carry before it becomes unflyable, may sound a stupid question but i i have only flown helicopters in recent years and it has to be forty years since i last flew aircraft and then electric power was just a dream.
When a plane weighs more it must fly faster to support the extra weight.

As you are just painting it and the motor is quite powerful for the weight before any finishing you will find it difficult to notice any real difference. Just do not get carried away with the paint and you will be fine!

Have fun!