Advice please Quadcopter

divinityman

I am looking to purchase a quadcopter, I already have a yuneec breeze 4k, but I am looking for a more speedy quad. any advice on a quad kit with a transmitter (remote) for $130 max. brushless motors, pretty decent speed, I don't really care about the camera, I have the Yuneec breeze for that, as long as I can see where the quad is and where it is pointing. I do not care if it is a kit I have to assemble, or anything like that. Please any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
I think you may need to increase your budget a little bit. The Trashcan is about the cheapest brushless machine out there at $105 but you still need a transmitter. You can get a FlySky Tx for around $50, I wouldn't go cheaper than that. If you are looking at bigger copters you will definitely need to rethink the budget.

Hoomi

Master member
Check out some of the YouTube videos from the RC Saylors. They review a lot of different RC products, including budget-friendly quads, and if they don't like something, they will say so.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Love the Sailors... sadly all the quad reviews is toy level stuff. If you are an existing pilot with some flight time already I would go with Seans advise and up your budget for better then toy level gear. You will thank yourself after a few crashes and all you do is change out props in the field and not be down for weeks or even permanantly.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Don't go for anything using a Wi-Fi FPV link, the lag is terrible, it breaks up and freezes and the connection distance usually awful. @PsyBorg is completely right - you will need to increase your budget in order in get something that you will enjoy and grow with.

divinityman

Thank you BTW do you know how to turn off the geofencing on the Yuneec breeze 4k, tired of having to land and take off every 100 meters.
As for the Tyro, I don't know if I should go for the smaller 79, the medium 99, or the medium 119

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Thank you BTW do you know how to turn off the geofencing on the Yuneec breeze 4k, tired of having to land and take off every 100 meters.
As for the Tyro, I don't know if I should go for the smaller 79, the medium 99, or the medium 119

No idea about the Yuneec stuff, but if it's not covered in the manual it's probably not possible as it's a 'safety feature'.

If you're not worried about carrying a HD camera, the 79 will work fine for you. Of the 2 5" I'd go with the 109, it is much more powerful and has a better FPV camera.

Reactions: FDS

divinityman

FlySky FS-i6 2.4G 6CH AFHDS RC Radion Transmitter With FS-iA6B Receiver for RC FPV Drone or
Flysky i6X FS-i6X 2.4GHz 10CH AFHDS 2A RC Transmitter With X6B/IA6B/A8S Receiver for FPV RC Drone

for the controller.

divinityman

Do I need anything but batteries and the remote that you sent the link to, do I need a receiver module for the tyro or does the remote or drone kit come with one.

FDS

Elite member
The linked kit does not include a receiver. Buy an Sbus receiver that is appropriate for your chosen transmitter.

divinityman

No idea about the Yuneec stuff, but if it's not covered in the manual it's probably not possible as it's a 'safety feature'.

If you're not worried about carrying a HD camera, the 79 will work fine for you. Of the 2 5" I'd go with the 109, it is much more powerful and has a better FPV camera.
the transmitter you linked from what I read it says it comes with a receiver am I correct if not could you link one for it please

Hodoodle

I am looking to purchase a quadcopter, I already have a yuneec breeze 4k, but I am looking for a more speedy quad. any advice on a quad kit with a transmitter (remote) for $130 max. brushless motors, pretty decent speed, I don't really care about the camera, I have the Yuneec breeze for that, as long as I can see where the quad is and where it is pointing. I do not care if it is a kit I have to assemble, or anything like that. Please any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you
I have a Blade nano qx, and i like it. It is $50 now and $70 not on sale. it is a little speedy, and has safe. I recomend buying another batery for it.

divinityman

It comes with a choice of receivers, I'd avoid the bulkier IA6B.
Ok for the quad I am wondering if I should go with https://www.banggood.com/Full-Speed...=detail-left-hotproducts__13&cur_warehouse=CN or https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-Ty...E5NjQ3Mjg5MBACGgJJViICUEQoAA&cur_warehouse=CN
the site does not list a spec sheet for the first one, but I like how the frame looks better than the tyro but I dunno if the tyro is faster, more powerful, better quality etc. Thank you for all your help so far.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Of those 2 I would go with the Tyro, though the 2 are fairly different. The leader looks like it runs 2.5" props on tiny motors. The Tryo is a 5" with much more power. The leader also comes with an F3 FC, which is going to be unsupported in the near future.

divinityman

Of those 2 I would go with the Tyro, though the 2 are fairly different. The leader looks like it runs 2.5" props on tiny motors. The Tryo is a 5" with much more power. The leader also comes with an F3 FC, which is going to be unsupported in the near future.
OK I have decided to go with the tyro with a 3000mah 4C, but what charger do I need for the battery thank you

divinityman

actually this battery, https://www.banggood.com/ZOP-Power-...-p-1170983.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN , vs this https://www.banggood.com/ZOP-Power-...-p-1109093.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN , if the more expensive one will give me a much longer flight time based on the mah I would prefer that, but is it worth the extra 15 bucks and a good charger that is safe. please and thank you