Aerial chase of lobstermash's Bixler courtesy of my new Bixler.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Thems fancy cameras makes nice video. My keychain camera footage looks very poor in comparison.

Looking forward to when my new motor arrives :(

PaulT

Mentor
Great job in getting the other plane in your cameras view without using FPV.
Very nice place to fly.
Can we get a picture of your setup?

glydr

How many letters do we ge
Pictures? sure.

Just another Bixler, except this one is fitted out with my uber gopro mount with front and side facing options.

I binned the supplied aileron rods and bent my own. Also here is my take on the velcro mod, not a lot of velcro is needed and I use tape to pass through the slot.

IMG_0031.JPG

IMG_0033.JPG

IMG_0034.JPG

IMG_0035.JPG

IMG_0036.JPG

glydr

Cheers all.

It's all new and shiny! Has only been out once (that flight recorded there was the second flight it ever took).

After that flight I went up again sans camera and tried loops, rolls and four point rolls. The latter had very short pauses, particularly towards the end! Knife edge had loads of elevator coupling and lost altitude very quickly. Maybe I should have taken the Katana!

:)

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Haha, I had my Pitts :( damned rogue ESC... Has been dismantled.

I remember when mine was all shiny and new *sigh*

I'm a big fan of the camera mount you've constructed. I'll be discussing configurations for my FPV setup with you I think

glydr

Yep, stock prop only because I hadn't drilled the tgs prop as yet, though some kind person since gave me a pre drilled one. Something about the original motor dying whilst up a tree(?) ;)

I've plenty of balsa and can fashion a similar mount for you LM if you like.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
OI! I didn't put it in the tree!

At least that one died gracefully. I wish there was a way to re-apply insulation to the stator without removing the windings. I've got two motors to fix and re-wind now.

I'll definitely take you up on the offer. I've ordered a pan/tilt camera mount too, which will make it the design more simple. Now I have to get this screen business worked out. Can't find the original cable anywhere...

Last edited:

glydr

Cool. Just hand over the gear when you are ready and you too can own a uber cool glydr mount (patent pending).