Aerial Photography Compilation Feedback

malik98

Gravity Fighter
Hello All,
I've been doing aerial photography for a few months now, flying over places that seem interesting and have finally made my first compilation. I just wanted to get some feedback from the community as to what I can possibly fix next time. SO with no further ado, here it is

Cheers,
Malik R.

RAM

Posted a thousand or more times
If you are teaching yourself you should do what we used to do in our photography club. Pick a subject. It can be anything. Then spend a month capturing images (or videos) from different angles, different time of day, etc. Keep notes on what you did differently each time and what you set out to accomplish. Then be very critical and trim your work down without mercy until you have the best footage or images you can possibly get on that subject. Stick to this method (never lift your camera unless you have a subject in mind for the day) and you should get a better idea of what works for you and what doesn't.

If you work one subject at at time it's easier to compare your progress. It then gets easier over time to see ahead of time what "might" be good or when to wait for another shot.

Last edited:

DharanFlyer

Like the shots. I live outside of Chicago as well, that water park looked familiar.

My critique out be that I was distracted from the images from all of the shaking. Did you use YouTube's stabilization software or another one? I really liked the inverted flight portion.

malik98

Gravity Fighter
Thanks for all the input,

The waterpark is Pelican Harbor in Bolingbrook and I only live about half a mile from there.
I used CyberLink PowerDirector for all of the editing but didn't do any post stabilization as it never crossed my mind, glad to here that yu liked it.