AeroFly 5

sandblaster

Yes, I fly away everyday on a Mac with AeroFly 5.7. Have a 27" iMac and made mistake when I purchased and did not go for the better graphics setup. Have the AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB. It runs it ok but have to turn a few things down for the 4D locations. No problem with the picture background. Aerofly Profession Deluxe, or AFPD, only has 3d and works great. Started with AFPD and upgraded to 5.7. the upgrade was worth it. Really enjoy the sim.

When I fly and have a problem, I can use 5.7 to set up the same conditions and find what I did wrong and practice to avoid the problem outside.

As for radio, use Spektrum DX6i. Get the adapter cable from Aerofly.

My box came without the adapter cable and USB device. Phone call and they sent one. Said that had never happened before, so sure you will not have that issue. grin

sanacruzer2006

Spektrum Dx6i

Thanks sandblaster. I have the same transmitter and wanted to know what adapters I needed for sure. But if you say the DX6i works with the included adapter I can save fifty bucks and not buy the Aerofly controller. I have a Mac book pro with a Nvidia Geforce 320, I'll let you all know how it works.

sandblaster

Thanks sandblaster. I have the same transmitter and wanted to know what adapters I needed for sure. But if you say the DX6i works with the included adapter I can save fifty bucks and not buy the Aerofly controller. I have a Mac book pro with a Nvidia Geforce 320, I'll let you all know how it works.

You will need the extra adapter they sell OR make your own. There adapter died on me so I made one. When you get the cable you will see one end is a mini phone male end. The other is a male stereo end. Trip to Radio shack got the ends I needed a female mono end to a male mono end to plug into the back of the radio.

Great sim. Have you checked there forum? They said the pro will handle it. Let us know.

HAM

You will need the extra adapter they sell OR make your own. There adapter died on me so I made one. When you get the cable you will see one end is a mini phone male end. The other is a male stereo end. Trip to Radio shack got the ends I needed a female mono end to a male mono end to plug into the back of the radio.

Great sim. Have you checked there forum? They said the pro will handle it. Let us know.

I use the Aerofly 5.7 on a MacBook Pro (intel Core i7) with Nvidia GeForce GT 330M graphics, and it works just fine. I haven't tried other simulators so I cannot compare, but I like the Aerofly.

I use a DX6i with it and bought the adapter from the German Aerofly website. As I remember, one of the cables is included, but depending on your radio, you have to get a adapter. Anyway for the DX6i, it should look like this:

Nl29208.jpg