Aeroscout demolished

Trey516

I have been flying my aeroscout for a few months and I finally wacked a tree with it.
Is there anything I could use to put these electronics servos and motor in other than the aeroscout. It cost as much for replacement parts as a whole new plane would cost. Just wondering if anybody has used the motor and servos for something else.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
what size motor/servos? There is probably a FT craft that could work with the parts.

One thing to note, it looks like it has a "SAFE" receiver, so whatever you built would need to have a similar layout (positions of the control surfaces), or you would need a way to reprogram the receiver.

OlliePackman

I have been flying my aeroscout for a few months and I finally wacked a tree with it.
Is there anything I could use to put these electronics servos and motor in other than the aeroscout. It cost as much for replacement parts as a whole new plane would cost. Just wondering if anybody has used the motor and servos for something else.
Get the servos out as I think they are 9g,they will work with any ft plane. Would change the receiver as it is safe which can complicate things but you could sell it too. Motor isn't the most powerful but could work in a small flying wing?

The Fopster

Master member
Maybe FT Spitfire or P40? Receiver may well work too. If the motor and esc can cope with a slightly bigger prop you could be in with a shout.