Aeroscout vs Carbon Cub S2

ChrisPatriot

Hello! I’m interested in buying a RC Airplane and like most, I’ve realized I should start with a trainer. Which one is better for someone just starting out?

Also, bonus:
My friend got a Sport Cub S2, and I was wanting to know if those are good too? I had doubts though since his came acting very finicky, not connecting to the receiver that well, and the elevators I believe is what they’re called we’re not going up and down, but the flaps and ailerons were. Is there something wrong with it or is it most likely a user error?

bisco

Elite member
the sport cub doesn't have flaps. tell your friend to call horizon tech support.

it makes a very good trainer on low wind days.

aeroscout is excellent, i can't speak to the carbon cub.

what kind of field are you flying on? trikes don't land that well on grass, unless it is very close cropped

Musdang

Not Quite Legendary
+1 on the aeroscout. It’s probably the best plane I’ve ever flown. You could probably fly it just fine in a hurricane. However the Carbon Cub is more likely to get knocked around with the wind. But it can take off in just about everything, in about half (or less) the distance of the aeroscout. You can even make it shorter with the optional flaps. The sport cub is practically a mini version of the Carbon Cub. It’s a great backyard flyer.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Hello! I’m interested in buying a RC Airplane and like most, I’ve realized I should start with a trainer. Which one is better for someone just starting out?

Also, bonus:
My friend got a Sport Cub S2, and I was wanting to know if those are good too? I had doubts though since his came acting very finicky, not connecting to the receiver that well, and the elevators I believe is what they’re called we’re not going up and down, but the flaps and ailerons were. Is there something wrong with it or is it most likely a user error?
I love my apprentice s2. It is amazing and it can not only be a good trainer, but also can grow with you to a much more advanced plane