Agri Duck plans and tips HELP REQUEST (first post)

enrico

Quasi Flying
As a beginner i have been flying...ok trying to fly... pretty much everything i can get my hands on on Clear view (i know i am cheap am i not).
Well, a few days ago i found this Agri Duck plane, that if in real life flights anything at all like it does on CV it'd be my and a lot of other guys....perfect advanced/beginner plane. Go try it out, it's phenomenal. Do any of you guys happen to know
a) does it fly like it does on the sim
b) where could i find FREE plans for the build
c) am i the only nutter that has spotted it?!
This plane is intriguing, I've done some research and it has an interesting history behind, but really is mostly the flying characteristics that intrigue me....does quite a few tricks and at the same time is as stable as a rock.
p.s.
yes on the sim it's a combustion engined plane and i want an electric but that should not be a problem at all...

aiidanwings

I have the Clear View simulator. While fun, it isn't exactly realistic. I suggest turning on some crazy weather conditions.

enrico

Quasi Flying
Yes the wind and gusts settings make for an altogether more...challenging scenario. still, i am intrigued by that plane behavior even in challenging conditions. did you have a go at it?

quorneng

Master member
If you search Agri Duck on You Tube there are quite clips of them flying or not as the case may be!

enrico

Quasi Flying
If you search Agri Duck on You Tube there are quite clips of them flying or not as the case may be!

I haven't tried it on the simulator. I've actually been scowering the net for an ARF.

Oh.... i didn't even realize it was ever sold as ARF i thought it was always plans or pre-cuts (by hand) only and then the company (mudduckaviation) has disappeared :mad: as a note of interest, i found the original ad of the company for sale for $17000 in 2011 due to a divorce or something like that.
I have sent a few emails out to guys actually flying the thing recently (got them on you tube thanks Quorneng) i also found a wealth of treads on RC Groups and PM'd a guy that seems to have access to plans...fingers crossed...

Last edited:

enrico

Quasi Flying
:confused:Got them-ish....http://forum.flitetest.com/images/smilies/confused.png
found the original plans for the mud duck only so far not the agri duck that would have been my first choice...
And as those are the originals, it's plans for wood rather than foam/foam-board.
would anybody be skilled enough to convert those to FT style Dollar tree foam friendly plans....i am afraid this is way above my ability still.http://forum.flitetest.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.png
p.s. if wile doing it this angel was to do a little tutorial on "how to" i am sure it'd make a great and very helpful article for many not so experienced/confident builders.http://forum.flitetest.com/images/smilies/applause.png
p.p.s. still waiting for a very nice chap i contacted to find the time to dig out his agri duck plans and send them to me so not all hope is lost to resuscitate this iconic super slow flying machine...fingers crossed...

jw423

I noticed this was a while ago. Did you ever get the agri duck plans. I want to make a dollar tree plan for it.
Let me know, I think it would be a great winter project.