wadsie

hey, i just bought a turnigy 9x and a tech one angel.
i have hextronic 9g servos
the problem is that the ailerons dont work, the servos dont move at all, when i first pluged them in only one moved, then we swapped the y cable (home made) around and that didnt work so we swapped them back and now they dont work at all.
so has anyone got any idea or a sugestion on why this is happening
thanks

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
If the y cable is home made, you might have gotten something wrong, or you might just have a bad connection.

StoneKap

Executive Producer
Admin
Mentor
hey, i just bought a turnigy 9x and a tech one angel.
i have hextronic 9g servos
the problem is that the ailerons dont work, the servos dont move at all, when i first pluged them in only one moved, then we swapped the y cable (home made) around and that didnt work so we swapped them back and now they dont work at all.
so has anyone got any idea or a sugestion on why this is happening
thanks
Plug in each servo to the RX without the cable just to see if they work.

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Plug in each servo to the RX without the cable just to see if they work.

Yeah do that first to make sure if they work at all!

Also show us a picture of your homemade y cable so we can see the connections you did. Also I would love you if you can show us some pictures of the tech one angle. I really love the plane and if I could I would buy it but I prefer building stuff myself instead of buying everything.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
If you've got a 9x, and your ailerons are on separate servos, I'd take advantage of the channel mixing rather than use a Y cable anyway. Then you can have flapperons!

wadsie

The elevator ch2, the rudder ch4, and motor ch 3 all work ok. the ailerons servos ch1 don't work at all. Then I removed the y cable and just plugged one of aileron servos in ch 1, this still did not work. Done the same to the other aileron servo and no action also. I then plugged one of the ailerons into ch 2, ch4 and still didn't work. so seems that both aileron servos don't work at all.

I check ch 1 on the receiver by plugging the rudder lead in to ch 1, but this still didn't work. so it seems ch 1 on the receiver is not active. so maybe the receive is a dud.
After trying this all again, the servo I was using to check the wiring now has stopped working.
Does anyone know what i am doing wrong or does it sound like I,ve got faulty equipment.
looks like I will need to buy 3 more servos and a receiver.
can anyone send us a detailed wiring diagram for componets I am using.
see below details of, servos, receiver and ESC
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=15202
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=662
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=12339

wadsie

see attach photos of tech one angel and y cable
IMG_0376.JPG IMG_0377.JPG IMG_0378.JPG IMG_0379.JPG IMG_0380.JPG

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Have a look at this.

You have a built in ESC so just ignore everything in the circle as it is stated:

Diagram on RCG

I just saw your picture!
Your y cable looks kind of weird to me. I only see 6 cables going into 2?
If that is the case that is wrong.
Could you probably tell us what wire you connected with which one when you soldered them?
In a very unlucky case you might have damaged your servos with the y cable, which you actually didn´t even need at all!

Last edited:

CHELLIE

be very very careful with the plug/wire polarity on the receiver, if you get it wrong, you could burn out your receiver or esc, you have a ground, signal and battery wire, they all need to all be in the right place on the receiver, y connectors are Cheap, if you did not get the wiring right on the y connector, you could have burnt everything up, its not worth trying to make your own connectors, most of the time, people cause their own problems with reversed wiring, and that becomes costly, Take care and have fun, Chellie

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
This looks like you have the positive and ground wired together. I would say you are burning out your channels. A proper Y-harness would have everything in parallel:
White - White
Black - Black
Red - Red

You may need a new RX.

Yes, what Chad said. You probably thought the other servo would be reversed by reversing the polarity. This is not so. To reverse a servo you need a servo reverse, OR plug the ailerons in two channels, OR turn the servo around and move the control horn to the opposite side.

Unfortunately, you may have damaged your servos and receiver.

wadsie

yer we reversed the polarity on one side os thats where we went wrong, so i think we need a new rx and servos

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
As you say - you may have damaged the things - but...
It is normally safe to connect a servo the wrong way.
The + is in the centre to make it safe (almost).
You will "normally" not burn anything if you change so the signal and ground (minus) are exchanged.
You will of course not get any function if the plug is wrong.
But if you are moving the centre wire (plus) to one of the sides then it will most likely be damage.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
I think this is likely what happened. Take a close look at the homemade wiring connector...

As you say - you may have damaged the things - but...
It is normally safe to connect a servo the wrong way.
The + is in the centre to make it safe (almost).
You will "normally" not burn anything if you change so the signal and ground (minus) are exchanged.
You will of course not get any function if the plug is wrong.
But if you are moving the centre wire (plus) to one of the sides then it will most likely be damage.