Air Tractor AT-502 Chuck Glider (Beta 1.0)

Air Tractor AT-502 Chuck Glider (Beta 1.0) 1.0

Please log in to download

Taildragger

Legendary member
Taildragger submitted a new resource:

Air Tractor AT-502 Chuck Glider (Beta 1.0) - A small but floaty little glider. Need some experienced help to tweak a few things.

I was inspired recently by an Air Tractor AT-502B flying low over my backyard a lot recently, so I decided to CAD up my own!
View attachment 202855
View attachment 202853
Then I made up this mini one as a chuck glider for my little brother who is obsessed over aviation at the age of 2.
View attachment 202854

I need some help getting the CG placement correct and keeping it from flying inverted (more bottom weight, like landing gear, maybe?) and any other tips if you do...

Read more about this resource...

Scotto

Elite member
Ive been thinking lately about making one of these too. I was going to just help on yours here, but I started playing in inkscape and was having so much fun that I just did the whole thing:D
20210708_101033.jpg

He glides pretty good for a prototype. Kid approved.
PS You should put some full pictures of yours on the overview.

Taildragger

Legendary member
Ive been thinking lately about making one of these too. I was going to just help on yours here, but I started playing in inkscape and was having so much fun that I just did the whole thing:D View attachment 203087
He glides pretty good for a prototype. Kid approved.
PS You should put some full pictures of yours on the overview.
(y)(y)(y)(y)
That's an adorable/awesome looking plane. made me smile:)
I do need to make another for some good pics in the overview, but I'm a little busy at the moment

Scotto

Elite member
Ive been meaning to post these for a while. This is an improved version of the Dusty pictured above. Its more durable and there is room for eyes.:geek: Its half a board longways. Im not 100% sure on the coins. Mine was pretty good with 21 or 30 cents, but I left a little door on a front side piece so I could start with 3 pennies and swapped one for a dime until it stalled.

Attachments

• ChuckDuster1.pdf
    16.5 KB · Views: 0

Scotto

Elite member
And this is my take on the air tractor. Also half a sheet longways. Same story on balast. Its kinda too fragile for 2 year olds though. Or mine anyway lol.
20210717_013225.jpg

Attachments

• airtractorSB.pdf
    12.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

ennobee

If any of you have access to a scrollsaw or a laser cutter, I can translate the plans for 1/8 in. hobby basswood planks so your little brother will have a plane that's a bit heavy to fly but still fun to wave around and scoot over the floor or table.

ennobee

I'm still working on the plans for your Airtractor. In the meantime, here are some toy aircraft plans I made years ago. All parts are cut from 1/8' craftwood,(Although I would recommend using plywood for the landing gear of the Cap-21, you can definitely use the extra sturdiness) and then just smoothed over with a dremel and some sandpaper. I used standard white woodglue to glue the parts together, but I reckon that a glue gun would work just as well.
BoeingPeashooter1-48Parts.gif BoeingPeashoote-simple-instructions.gif
Cap21-1-36-pieces.gif Cap21-1-36-instructions.gif
VoughtKingfisher1-32.gif