Aircraft memes

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
*Cough* mustang, SR-71 and F-22 *cough*
The A-10 is great and all (pretty much legendary) but there is no single best airplane. For example the Christmas bullet. It is considered one of the worst airplanes, but it was actually the best at a few things. Those things might be looking ugly, killing it’s own pilot, and being a bad idea, but it was darn good at it!
Pfft, after my degree from History Channel I know the greatest airplane ever was the ME 262. it had 0 flaws, was impossible to shoot down, totally didn't have engines that died after 10 hours, was definitely not vulnerable during landing, had super easy to aim guns, and it's not like Germany had no fuel to begin with...

"Corpse"

Legendary member
1607226331436.png

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
I don't know why wing mounted guns weren't really a big thing in WWI. It'd be so much easier than making a synchronizer gear
There was no room in the wings and the wings couldn't really support the extra weight. You'd also need two guns instead of one because you have to keep the weight on each wing equal, that's even more weight. The system for shooting through the propeller was actually quite reliable.

PoorManRC

Master member
There was no room in the wings and the wings couldn't really support the extra weight. You'd also need two guns instead of one because you have to keep the weight on each wing equal, that's even more weight. The system for shooting through the propeller was actually quite reliable.
Plus the technology didn't exist yet for reliable, accurate shooting...

And yes, those Wings were way too fragile.

"Corpse"

Legendary member
That makes sense, I forgot how weak the wings were.