Aircraft shredding 101.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Well Ladies and gentlemen, I have narrowed down to a fine art the skill of...Stryker shredding!

First, Choose a stupid time to go flying, 5:30ish will do it. next choose stupid weather to fly in, Say heavy snow and 20f temps. next, over power said Stryker. And last but not least, Find your local neighborhood powerpole.
Instant EPO packing peanuts!
I will post pics after I find the motor, ESC, UBEC, reciever, and 2 1300 mah 3 cells.:mad:

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
I did that tonight with my nutball when it ran into the house. I think I made the throws to wild. Trashed the prop, rudder and folded the nutball in half when it landed in the tree

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
What is awful is that all that equipment is sitting out in a storm.
I was being stupid, and hadn't flown in two weeks, and couldn't resist.
I have all the airframe, and all three servos, but no electronics. To give you guys an Idea of the force of the impact, it shattered all three CF wing spars- two were solid 4mm and one was a hollow 6 mm.
I know exactly where it went down, but there is a 100ft long by 40ft wide strewn field where I found the parts.
Wish me luck! That is 50$ of equipment out there due to pilot stupidity...err error.:black_eyed:

PaulT

Mentor
I would blame your crash on the GoPro wanting to reposition itself and creating your CG to shift so much that your plane became unstable.
At least that's what ONE other member claims on his quad......
Personally, I would blame the event on the fact that at exactly the same moment of the crash, the International Space Station was passing directly overhead. There's a Canuck up there doing some pretty weird things, just from keeping from being bored to death. At least, that's what I heard.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I would blame your crash on the GoPro wanting to reposition itself and creating your CG to shift so much that your plane became unstable.
At least that's what ONE other member claims on his quad......
Personally, I would blame the event on the fact that at exactly the same moment of the crash, the International Space Station was passing directly overhead. There's a Canuck up there doing some pretty weird things, just from keeping from being bored to death. At least, that's what I heard.

ROFL, that's hilarious :D

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Well, miraculously, the Shredded has rematerialized into a stryker. I have most of the airframe, but I am missing some parts that make liittle sense to be missing. I also found the motor and ESC which some how still work!:confused:
What I am worried about is, there are two damaged LIpos sitting out in a GRASS (read as Highly Flammable) field.
After studying the airframe at lunch, I think the aircraft hit the post right on the two stacked 3 cells, which considering that I heard a sharp impact from almost half a mile away, will probably be bananas or balloons when I find them.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Awesome, my friend Luis managed to wreck his Bixler 2 while getting confident and trying an inverted pass, as you'd expect from a complete noob he nosed in inverted because of not correcting with up elevator. His battery turned into 3 bananas, but he taped it up again and it still works.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Hmm, I did that with a .60 sized glow trainer. I got flipped inverted by a wind gust, and the other pilot had no buddybox. I didn't have enough down to maintain altitude, and tried to half loop out at low altitude... Yeah right.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I didn't have enough down to maintain altitude, and tried to half loop out at low altitude...

Did the exact same thing on my first day flying. Fortunately I landed inverted, and didn't nose in. No damage except a slightly unbalanced motor axle and a scraped canopy.