Airnox Spitfire

DazDaMan

Elite member
I'd been after an ultra-micro Spitfire for a while, as the Parkzone Spitfire IX seems to have been discontinued for a while, and getting hold of one on eBay was very hit and miss. Also, my own project to make a mini Spit wasn't going very well!

So, I found this one. From the video I found online, it looks to be a nice flyer.

Attachments

• Spitfire 1.jpg
    Spitfire 1.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 0

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
The UMX Spitfire is a really awesome plane - it's a ton of fun to fly! This one looks pretty cool - have you gotten it yet?

DazDaMan

Elite member
Yeah - that's it sitting in my kitchen in the photo! ;)

I had one similar to it before, but I don't think it had gyros etc. The photo shows the old one, which is now no more.

Attachments

• IMG_20200305_164554_1CS.jpg
    IMG_20200305_164554_1CS.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

DazDaMan

Elite member
Maidened the Spitfire today!

She flew pretty well, but she's a bit too quick for the field I fly in. That said, she does slow down very well and behaves pretty well around 50% throttle. She needs a little speed carried on for landing, but not too much.

Attachments

• Spitfire (1).jpg
    Spitfire (1).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • Spitfire (2).jpg
    Spitfire (2).jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • Spitfire airborne.png
    Spitfire airborne.png
    82.2 KB · Views: 0

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Maidened the Spitfire today!

She flew pretty well, but she's a bit too quick for the field I fly in. That said, she does slow down very well and behaves pretty well around 50% throttle. She needs a little speed carried on for landing, but not too much.
Awesome!

DazDaMan

Elite member
So I've flown the Spitfire a few times now - so far, so good. In fact, last week, I flew her three times in one day, and I managed to get some reasonable video footage of her, too!