Airplanes that flitetest should build

Welcome aboard!!!
It's probably possible.... By someone with way more Talent than myself.
The Tail strength required to have the Elevator on top of it, is a huge challenge in Foam Board.

..... NOT saying that the right guy couldn't figure it out!! 😉
I had some time this weekend so I went about challenging myself to make a scratch build pusher with a "T" tail! During some engine runs I noticed the vertical stabiliser was getting moved around quite a bit by the turbulence from prop. I fixed this problem with a couple BBQ skewers for bracing. I was shocked at how much authority the elevator had considering it's a relatively small surface (I had to dial the rates back to around 35% to make it smooth). None the less it was an great proof of concept.

Attachments

• IMG_20200719_205402.jpg
    IMG_20200719_205402.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200719_205324.jpg
    IMG_20200719_205324.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
I had some time this weekend so I went about challenging myself to make a scratch build pusher with a "T" tail! During some engine runs I noticed the vertical stabiliser was getting moved around quite a bit by the turbulence from prop. I fixed this problem with a couple BBQ skewers for bracing. I was shocked at how much authority the elevator had considering it's a relatively small surface (I had to dial the rates back to around 35% to make it smooth). None the less it was an great proof of concept.
That looks awesome!! Great work!

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
I would like to see FT build a plane with Pitcheron controls (so wing rotation handling both roll and pitch with a fixed elevator).

keepitup

Good news! Josh Bixler said that the legacy will be re-released in maker foam with a new landing gear soon!
Been flying the Legacy a lot lately. Best flying model I own bar none. I own 10 flyable and another 4-5 waiting to be built, also a pile of foam bits left from failed attempts . I think I've flown the Legacy most of all and it's my newest build. Never nosed this one in, yet. Even at 30 mph winds I feel comfortable w this plane. Love the landing gear, wonder what they have in mind for another version?