Airplanes that flitetest should build

JakeTheSloth

There are plans for boxcar here on flitetest forum. On ft yt channel it's called FT cabbie. The problem is flitetest didn't release it, so parts are not labeled and there's no assembly manual.

Coming back to the topic - I'm hoping for Bf-110 or Me-410 powered by 2x MT2204 and 3s2200 since those are very popular.
Also I think that Savoia Marchetti SM.79 Sparviero is fairly easy to design plane, because of simple box alike fuselage and simple wing construction.
I was also thinking about La-5 FN, but I feel like it's shape would be hard to replicate - radial engine, kinda tricky leading edge of wings, very thin fuse in tail section

I'm in the process of making a 62 inch Gee Bee model Z. It's not my favorite by any means but it reminds me of the movie "The Rocketeer" when Howard Hughes gives the main character a new one because he wrecked his in the beginning of the movie. Fun little overpowered airplanes.

1593448614660.png

PoorManRC

Master member
I would love to build a Fairchild C-119 Flying Boxcar with a W/S of 48"- 54". Should be easy to adapt some of their current plans to that one, I like the one on Real Flite with operating cargo doors.

View attachment 163427
If you're comfortable with "Pull and Shape" Master Series type of Foam work...
You could pretty easily and cheaply, make that out of a FT Bronco. 😉
Or more simply, a FT Bronco with a shortened FT Guinea Pig Fuse. 😁

.... As a matter of fact, I may try one! I've been wanting to do a big Twin, opposite rotating Props (NO Torque Twist), and the Guinea Pig Fuse has the really convenient Cargo Door in the back, and the expendable, cheaply replaceable Nose!!!
Makes it a snap for Batry access too. 😉

...... NO! I haven't thought about this at all! 😜😂

"Corpse"

Legendary member
If you're comfortable with "Pull and Shape" Master Series type of Foam work...
You could pretty easily and cheaply, make that out of a FT Bronco. 😉
Or more simply, a FT Bronco with a shortened FT Guinea Pig Fuse. 😁

.... As a matter of fact, I may try one! I've been wanting to do a big Twin, opposite rotating Props (NO Torque Twist), and the Guinea Pig Fuse has the really convenient Cargo Door in the back, and the expendable, cheaply replaceable Nose!!!
Makes it a snap for Batry access too. 😉

...... NO! I haven't thought about this at all! 😜😂
Go for it! I'd love to see that....;)

PoorManRC

Master member
I love the Electra!

Does flite test even look at this thread?
I hope I'm mistaken... But it appears lately, their concentration is on sub-250g near Toys, expensive Master Series Kits, and even more expensive larger Foam Planes. 😞

I really wish they would come out with a few more cheap but Standard Size (40"-55" WB) ORIGINAL style Speed Build Kits! 😁

There's more than a few cool Planes that could be made the good old way.

I know, I know.... Growth is part of life! Doesn't mean you have to throw away the Basics.
SOME of the original Swappables aren't available for sale any more! 😭
Even the FT LEGACY is gone. 😞😖

"Corpse"

Legendary member
I hope I'm mistaken... But it appears lately, their concentration is on sub-250g near Toys, expensive Master Series Kits, and even more expensive larger Foam Planes. 😞

I really wish they would come out with a few more cheap but Standard Size (40"-55" WB) ORIGINAL style Speed Build Kits! 😁

There's more than a few cool Planes that could be made the good old way.

I know, I know.... Growth is part of life! Doesn't mean you have to throw away the Basics.
SOME of the original Swappables aren't available for sale any more! 😭
Even the FT LEGACY is gone. 😞😖
NOT THE LEGACY!!!!:cry::cry:

PoorManRC

Master member
Go for it! I'd love to see that....;)
Just need the $$$....
My fingers are getting worse. 😞 I can't cut or even draw some longer lines or curves, without a lot of pain. 💔😢
So I'd need the Speed Build Kits.... At least the Bronco, and the spare Guinea Pig Nose Kits. I can easily enough make the Fuse Aft section, using the unfolded Nose as a Template! 😉

PoorManRC

Master member
I’m pretty sure they will bring it back in maker foam. Notice the a-10 is gone too. So is the old speedster. There have been others that disappeared and reappeared in maker foam a while later.
I hope so... I want a Legacy, just because....
But I REALLY want that FT A-10!! I worked on quite a few of them back in the day. Plus, I've got a Friend who is going to 3D Print me that 22mm Gatling CANNON that sticks out of the Nose!!!

It's also got Tricycle Landing Gear (a plus for me), it's BIG, and everyone I've spoken to who has one tells me she's a docile Flying Aircraft, that's ready to go NUTZ when you are!! (Just like the real thing) 😁😁😎

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
But I REALLY want that FT A-10!! I worked on quite a few of them back in the day. Plus, I've got a Friend who is going to 3D Print me that 22mm Gatling CANNON that sticks out of the Nose!!!

It's also got Tricycle Landing Gear (a plus for me), it's BIG, and everyone I've spoken to who has one tells me she's a docile Flying Aircraft, that's ready to go NUTZ when you are!! (Just like the real thing) 😁😁😎
Yes - it’s an awesome plane for sure!!

Greetings from Canada! Being around aircraft for work (mostly small jets and private aircraft) Ive come to notice the popularity of the "T" tail design (almost every buisness jet with Fuse. mounted engines uses this configuration). It would be amazing if the FT crew could sketch up a twin engine EDF similar to the UMX Citation Longitude or somthing along those lines, implimenting a "T" tail configuration. If a twin EDF is not feasable perhaps a swappable Beechcraft King air? I love what the team has come up with so far however I feel like there is a void in the current lineup of designs when it comes to the higher end of private avation. It would be amazing to see an FT Pilatus PC12 or Learjet 45 even a low wing trainer like a Piper Archer, Mooney M240 or even a Cirrus SR20. I love the classic lines of older aircraft that the sportster and simple scout emulate so well, but it would be really interesting to see how foamboard can be used to re-create some newer designs! If anyone has plans for a more modern low wing civil aircraft I would love to see them! That being said keep up the great work Flight Test family!
pc-12.jpg

PoorManRC

Master member
Greetings from Canada! Being around aircraft for work (mostly small jets and private aircraft) Ive come to notice the popularity of the "T" tail design (almost every buisness jet with Fuse. mounted engines uses this configuration). It would be amazing if the FT crew could sketch up a twin engine EDF similar to the UMX Citation Longitude or somthing along those lines, implimenting a "T" tail configuration. If a twin EDF is not feasable perhaps a swappable Beechcraft King air? I love what the team has come up with so far however I feel like there is a void in the current lineup of designs when it comes to the higher end of private avation. It would be amazing to see an FT Pilatus PC12 or Learjet 45 even a low wing trainer like a Piper Archer, Mooney M240 or even a Cirrus SR20. I love the classic lines of older aircraft that the sportster and simple scout emulate so well, but it would be really interesting to see how foamboard can be used to re-create some newer designs! If anyone has plans for a more modern low wing civil aircraft I would love to see them! That being said keep up the great work Flight Test family!
View attachment 174200
Welcome aboard!!!
It's probably possible.... By someone with way more Talent than myself.
The Tail strength required to have the Elevator on top of it, is a huge challenge in Foam Board.

..... NOT saying that the right guy couldn't figure it out!! 😉

shadeyB

Legendary member
The Tail strength required to have the Elevator on top of it, is a huge challenge in Foam Board...... NOT saying that the right guy couldn't figure it out!! 😉

Bit ply wood support to hold it straight and most importantly stay on her lol
Recent build the Blackburn Buccaneer with full moving rear tail top 👍 flies fantastic

Attachments

• 67742E12-2AA7-47F8-A46D-D2C68EC48231.jpeg
    67742E12-2AA7-47F8-A46D-D2C68EC48231.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 0

"Corpse"

Legendary member

I've seen those gatling guns in real life! They are flipping massive!