Akron/Canton Ohio

ScottyWarpNine

Mostly Harmless
Sound off from Northeast Ohio! North canton, to be specific, only about 5 minutes from Flight Test. I love flying at the Diamond Park When soccer practice isn't going on. A giant field of about 5 or 6 soccer fields, and 4 baseball fields on the edge near the parking lot. That's where I flew my first ever plane (an FT spitfire) and it's still one of my favorite locations to fly on a calm summer morning.
Where else do people in the Akron/Canton area fly? I know of a flying club in Alliance ( I don't recall the name), and another club located a bit further away near Aurora. Let's Have some combat gatherings!

Team_Monkey

That would be the Alliance Balsa Bees. Come to the Akron indoor flying tonight and you can meet several members. We had 49 pilots at the last Friday night flight, it's a good time!

I fly from my property, about an hour West of you, if not visiting a club.

ScottyWarpNine

Mostly Harmless
I'm actually a student at akron, and someone meantioned electric flying the other day but I thaught they were mistaken and we're talking about the event in March. Do you guys fly there every Friday?

abieex

Mentor
Its not every Friday, I believe the next one is On Feb 30 and thats the last one of the season. My son and I usually fly at a private field but we would love to fly with other people. Just don't want to deal with club politics. We are AMA members.

AeroMaestro

I live in Stow (just north of Akron) and teach at Kent State.
It's great to be so close to FliteTest --- got to pop in for a few hours of FliteFest last summer, and I was an extra in RotorDR1 for a few episodes.

StarkFlyer

Doylestown Barnstormers RC Club

I fly at the Doylestown Barnstormers RC club which is a little south west of Doylestown. Spectators are welcome. To fly there you need an AMA membership and either club membership or fly as a member's guest.

Dick

Attachments

• Released Flyer.pdf
    368.9 KB · Views: 14