Albums that are so good, you listen from start to finish without hitting skip.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
grew up in the AOR age (Album Oriented Rock) and have quite a few albums (CDs) that flow so good I just throw it on and never think about hitting skip. Curious what all y'all have in your collection like this. Just added one today that somehow I missed back in the early 90's and figured I'd lead off with it.
4 non Blondes "Bigger, Better, Faster, More!"
1633928895712.png

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Oh there are too many to list. I will say exactly none of them are from the mid 90's forward. The music just isnt that good and the artists are pathetic industry evolved puppets.

#1 FULL album. Rush 2112 hands down
2. Judas Priest British Steel
3. Led Zepplin IV
4. AC/DC Back in Black
5. Pink Floyd Dark Side of the moon. Also The Wall

Too many more but again its all older REAL music and not a single "Pop" album has ever come close to being a must play thru album. Others like Boston, Pat Benatar, Styx, REO Speedwagon, Iron Maiden. Cant forget several Queen albums are also must play thru's

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Rocks about as far from what I like as it gets, I’ll stick with country, new and old😁

Oh you should at least listen to the front side of the album. The whole side is one story line. Pretty innovative both as an album as well as sonically given the tech and trends of that time.

trey

I have a playlist on Spotify that is a couple days long, and consists of Slipknot, Gojira, Marilyn Manson, Beartooth, and a whole bunch of other crap that motivates me.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I have a playlist on Spotify that is a couple days long, and consists of Slipknot, Gojira, Marilyn Manson, Beartooth, and a whole bunch of other crap that motivates me.
Playlists (aka modern mix tapes) are not really comparable to the good old days of Album Oriented Rock where artists would lay down a whole album that progressed,flowed, told a story, etc. in a way that has been lost in recent decades.

trey

Playlists (aka modern mix tapes) are not really comparable to the good old days of Album Oriented Rock where artists would lay down a whole album that progressed,flowed, told a story, etc. in a way that has been lost in recent decades.
Those albums are still being made, and I can put them on a playlist.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!

HAHAH modern music struggles just finding people who can actually sing.. Its all about how well they lipsync or talk over prerecorded music while clapping their butt cheeks together.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Rick Wagners(?) Journey to the center of the earth on tape so you get both sides.
Anything ZAPPA on vinyl recorded live

yes Rick Wakeman (keyboard wizard for YES) Journey to the center of the earth is another. My older sister turned me on to that album when I was like 8 years old. three dog night was another group with full albums of great music in that era. Jim Croce too... Man the floodgates just burst.. Im gonna be you tubing old music all night..