Albums that are so good, you listen from start to finish without hitting skip.

Flying Monkey fab

Elite member
Oh there are too many to list. I will say exactly none of them are from the mid 90's forward. The music just isnt that good and the artists are pathetic industry evolved puppets.

#1 FULL album. Rush 2112 hands down
2. Judas Priest British Steel
3. Led Zepplin IV
4. AC/DC Back in Black
5. Pink Floyd Dark Side of the moon. Also The Wall

Too many more but again its all older REAL music and not a single "Pop" album has ever come close to being a must play thru album. Others like Boston, Pat Benatar, Styx, REO Speedwagon, Iron Maiden. Cant forget several Queen albums are also must play thru's

I think we can be friends based on the fact that two of your 5 were already on my list when I came here.

Flying Monkey fab

Elite member
@PsyBorg covered my first two with 2112 and the Dark Side of the moon. I'll add one more, Gv'mt Mule's "Live with a little help from our friends". The second half has some really long cuts but they are all great for playing on long drives.

Taildragger

Legendary member
Playlists (aka modern mix tapes) are not really comparable to the good old days of Album Oriented Rock where artists would lay down a whole album that progressed,flowed, told a story, etc. in a way that has been lost in recent decades.
exactly.
My uncle rearranged "Fear Inoculum" by Tool so the songs flowed better than how the album originally is. It's some really good music.

The Fopster

Master member
Talk Talk - Spirit of Eden
Radiohead - OK Computer
Jane Weaver - Modern Kosmology
Black Country, New Road - For the first time

Probably not everyone’s cup of tea here, but all magnificent if you give them your time.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
@PsyBorg covered my first two with 2112 and the Dark Side of the moon. I'll add one more, Gv'mt Mule's "Live with a little help from our friends". The second half has some really long cuts but they are all great for playing on long drives.

Actually I forgot one of my ALL time favorite albums. You reminded me it fits in this thread nicely after posting "with a little help from my friends" If you guys dont bust a gut when Yosemite Sam starts singing help I feel bad for you as you have no soul.

randyrls

Randy
yes Rick Wakeman (keyboard wizard for YES) Journey to the center of the earth is another. My older sister turned me on to that album when I was like 8 years old. three dog night was another group with full albums of great music in that era. Jim Croce too... Man the floodgates just burst.. Im gonna be you tubing old music all night..

Got to see him once live in Washington DC. We had the best seats in the house, right in the middle where the music was best. Turns out they put the sound mixer man in that spot, so we had to sit in row B!! And no one sat in Row A. We were about 20 feet away. So close we could see (sometimes) his fingers moving....

Favorite musicians "Moody Blues", Rick Wakeman, Yanni, Harry Chapin.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Don't see to many people liking on John Denver these days. He was really great, and into flying to boot! Too bad his kit plane was his demise.

Tom Petty Damn the Torpedoes
AC/DC Back in Black, For Those About to Rock
Van Halen up to Diver Down
Pink Floyd Animals
Led Zeppelin In Through the Out Door

There's so much else out there but this is supposed to be about the whole album

Don't see to many people liking on John Denver these days. He was really great, and into flying to boot! Too bad his kit plane was his demise.
Yeah late '70s I guess. I remember we went through a trucker stage and a cowboy stage. Different times.
Rhinestone Cowboy, Glen Campbell
Lucille, Kenny Rogers
Convoy, C.W. McCall
etc.

Piotrsko

Master member
White album, red and blue also

Bet the kids won't figure that out.

Wasn't Denver's kit plane, he bought the long EZ from someone and tried to fly it drunk.

Kenny Rodgers was in the "first edition" rock and roll band before C&W: "what condition my condition was in"

Last edited: