All about JOSH BIXLER

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
A thread dedicated to questions for Josh Bixler.
Get to know the man behind the myth.
And-Josh_Bixler.jpg

Attachments

• DR1 Triplane Model 2.jpg
    DR1 Triplane Model 2.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 0

BindNFly

Hi josh:
im just about to getting into FPV and i wanted to know do you have any beginning tips?

And any good experiences to share! all suggestions great-fully received!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • rdmqedq540wpl4houac6.jpg
    rdmqedq540wpl4houac6.jpg
    619.9 KB · Views: 0
  • f-136-f-35-propulsion-rolls-royce-engine-farnborough-air-show-2008-B2MA4P.jpg
    f-136-f-35-propulsion-rolls-royce-engine-farnborough-air-show-2008-B2MA4P.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 627.JPG
    627.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 626.JPG
    626.JPG
  • VF9 WIP3.JPG
    VF9 WIP3.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 0
  • VF9 WIP2.JPG
    VF9 WIP2.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 0
  • VF9 WIP1.JPG
    VF9 WIP1.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 0
  • vf-9-red-fighter.gif
    vf-9-red-fighter.gif
    84.2 KB · Views: 1
  • vf-9-fighter-schematics.gif
    vf-9-fighter-schematics.gif
    99.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0695.JPG
    IMG_0695.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0696.JPG
    IMG_0696.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0697.JPG
    IMG_0697.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0698.JPG
    IMG_0698.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0699.JPG
    IMG_0699.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0700.JPG
    IMG_0700.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Alpha Sheet preview.PNG
    Alpha Sheet preview.PNG
    67.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 3 Modes preview.PNG
    3 Modes preview.PNG
    22 KB · Views: 0
  • VF-9 BasicHookedup1.JPG
    VF-9 BasicHookedup1.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 3
  • VF-9 BasicHookedup3.JPG
    VF-9 BasicHookedup3.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 37

Jameshartdrums

Hey man!

Looking into buying 2 of your Bixler RTF Throttle right kits, any tips or suggestions for an easy assembly and fast learning process....

i havent yet bought a simulator, figured i may be able to brave the elements but most likely not...

is the Bixler a sturdy platform durability wise... i live in Australia, and the Hobbyking Warehouse here isnt exactly stocked... hopefully if need be i can by a Bixler KIT set and rig up the new fuselage if i break the original...

Jameshartdrums

Hey man!

Looking into buying 2 of your Bixler RTF Throttle right kits, any tips or suggestions for an easy assembly and fast learning process....

i havent yet bought a simulator, figured i may be able to brave the elements but most likely not...

is the Bixler a sturdy platform durability wise... i live in Australia, and the Hobbyking Warehouse here isnt exactly stocked... hopefully if need be i can by a Bixler KIT set and rig up the new fuselage if i break the original...

Think i meant Throttle left... What ever the recommended standard is...

BindNFly

Hey man!

I never used a sim... i managed 2 flights without a crash!!!

Josh Bixler

Hi josh:
im just about to getting into FPV and i wanted to know do you have any beginning tips?

Hello friend!

You will LOVE FPV! My only sugjestions are

1. Fly a plane that is stable, easy to controll, and not to fast.
2. Fly in an area that is open and you are firmilure with.
3. Having a friend (who can fly) spot you incase you loose track of where you are is very nice to have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtTvu6Bk5aM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zEspLKnjpA

We have an episode on simple FPV set-ups and the EPP FPV review covers more also. If you have any questions later, please let me know!

Best of Luck
JB

Attachments

• blackburn-b-6-shark-1933-england.gif
    blackburn-b-6-shark-1933-england.gif
    50.2 KB · Views: 0

Josh Bixler

Hey man!

Hello James!

The bixler is a great trainer. If you watch the setup, review, hand launch, and flairing vids we did, You should be fine. I would stongly recomend taping or gluing the wings in (they like to work loose :) ). The plane is EPO and very durrable. I wish you the best and let me know if you have any other questions.

Here are some links for you to check out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxLQmpkF4JA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsymTsBPjxI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEJvRPPU7fo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sLvsJxbTBA&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL016EEDDAD9D2D5BD

Best of luck and happy flying brother!
JB

Attachments

• Tomcat_eepes.zip
    13.2 KB · Views: 0

Mike Worby

I would stongly recomend taping or gluing the wings in (they like to work loose ).

Hi folks.
Having the wings slide apart with rather drastic results, I tend to agree! :)
The carbon fibre tube thru the wings is pretty thin, and can crack on "hard" landings. I ended up running some thick walled 4mm tube inside the 6mm for extra strength. Seems to be working so far.

I did buy the Bixler based on the boy's glowing reports on their video, and so far, I'm very happy with it!

Thanks guys.

Cheers
Mike

Josh Bixler

I reinforced the spar on mine after some rough landing from my boys. They love the plane and flew it whenever they had the chance. I should just order 3 at a time. :)

JB

vnauta

Hey Josh,

I read you're building a Pietenpol Aircamper. Is that off plans or is there a kit out there?

It isn't to much to ask for a build video of the full scale build, right? :cool:

greetings

So ummm... if this thread is all about Josh Bixler... there's nothing much revealing here. Do I take it that he's a bit of a man of mystery? Is the rumour true that he wears his jocks on the outside and a cape when he is designing new RC aircraft in the privacy of his own dungeon?

Oh, I might have started that rumour.

82ndRCFlyer

Same here love flying it(bixler v1.1) and just ordered the Bixler 2(kit). Im new to flying so yea pretty easy to get up and fly,awesome plane

:D

fdnyjery

Hey Josh; Just wonderning are you going to kit the flying wing you used today on the new You Tube Vid??? It really looks like a great flyer, and thanks for all you and the gang at Flite Test are doing for this great Hobby. I have learned so much from this great site and you guys on You Tube Vids. Many Thanks
Jerry Okeefe
Longwood ,Florida

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
I think his vice drink of choice is "The Dew". He might be even too busy for that here lately as he hasn't been around his own thread much as of late.