All about JOSH SCOTT

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
A thread dedicated to questions for Josh Scott.
Ask questions and get to know this ever-evolving student of flight.
With-Joshua_Scott.jpg

Jameshartdrums

Hey Josh... my dad and I were trying to work out the other day how advanced your flying skills really are... he believes that your actually probably a well known RC pilot and you do all the videos from a beginners perspective... which i seem to think could actually be pretty right... but how advanced are you really?

ALSO, i read you do Graphic Design... so do I brother, is there a link to your work?

Jameshartdrums

I definitely never thought he was 'dumb' he's a champion. And there's always a little hint he knows more than he let's on in the videos

Attachments

• SparIn-Wing Ready.JPG
    SparIn-Wing Ready.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Plans Mounted and Cut.JPG
    Plans Mounted and Cut.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Pieces Cutout.JPG
    Pieces Cutout.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Fuselage.JPG
    Fuselage.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Curling the Engine Cover.JPG
    Curling the Engine Cover.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 0
  • BottomView.JPG
    BottomView.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 0
  • BackView.JPG
    BackView.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 0
  • PDFCapture.JPG
    PDFCapture.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 0
  • image279_2.jpg
    image279_2.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 0
  • image277.gif
    image277.gif
    25.3 KB · Views: 0
  • sigma.jpg
    sigma.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Sam7SigmaElectronicHatch.JPG
    Sam7SigmaElectronicHatch.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Sam7Sigma34FrontView2.JPG
    Sam7Sigma34FrontView2.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Sam7Sigma34FrontView.JPG
    Sam7Sigma34FrontView.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Sam7Sigma34FrontLowView.JPG
    Sam7Sigma34FrontLowView.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Sam7Sigma34BackView.JPG
    Sam7Sigma34BackView.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Wingtip drag Flap setup.JPG
    Wingtip drag Flap setup.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 0
  • LGearPlan.JPG
    LGearPlan.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 0
  • LGearInstalled.JPG
    LGearInstalled.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 0
  • LgearFwdTilt.JPG
    LgearFwdTilt.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 0
  • LGearEnd.JPG
    LGearEnd.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 0
  • LGearBayLayout.JPG
    LGearBayLayout.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 0
  • R1-CockpitGlass.JPG
    R1-CockpitGlass.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 0
  • R1-BuildComplete Rear.JPG
    R1-BuildComplete Rear.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 0
  • R1-BuildComplete Front.JPG
    R1-BuildComplete Front.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 0
  • R1-Build Complete Cockpit removed.JPG
    R1-Build Complete Cockpit removed.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 0
  • SAM-7 1.1 DWG.JPG
    SAM-7 1.1 DWG.JPG
    231.9 KB · Views: 0

Josh Scott

What you see is what it is. I had never touched or known anything about an rc plane until the day we shot our first episode. Unfortunately, between my full time job and my family life, I really don't have a lot of opportunities to improve my flight skills on my own personal time. So you are literally watching me learn and (hopefully) improve with every new episode. It's a slow pace to learn, but I'm glad it's kept me at a "beginner" stage for this long. There's a lot of beginner pilots out there that appreciate that I relate to the level they're at. So, no, I'm not trying to trick anyone ;)

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Josh, great to see you here!

I thought your interview episode went great. The clip they used as the "pre-intro" was classic. You certainly have an expressive face. :D

Josh Bixler

Loved your bio Josh! It is so great that everyone gets to see the great guy I get to work with. See you tomorrow brother!

JB

PS Jen LOVED the intro too! She watched it three times!

Josh Scott

Thanks Fred, I think that's why I was hired (and haven't yet been fired).

And thanks Josh! Heather and I watched your interview together and she just went on and on about how great of a guy you are . And I bawled like a baby when you said all those nice things about me - ok not really, but I did really appreciate it.

Jameshartdrums

haha you guys are awesome. wish i could join you in your RC adventures but i live in AUSTRALIA..

if your ever shooting here (for whatever reason) we must hang so i can learn everything from you hahahaha!

Cannot wait for another episode! been going on facebook and youtube every day about 2-5 times a day just to see if theres any uploads... usually the last thing i do before sleep is watch a few episodes of Flitetest!!

Cannot wait for more "beginner" help videos :)

Keep up the amazingly great work guys!

-Jameshartdrums

P.S

JOSH SCOTT, do you have a Graphic Design folio i can see!?

Chris

Living the dream!
Josh(S), have you thought about trying your hand at Helis or Multi-rotor craft yet?

Josh Scott

Most of what I do is t-shirts, promotional materials, posters, flyers, banners, stuff like that - so that stuff I don't currently have posted anywhere. I do a lot of designing for the church website, but unfortunately our server host recently decided to reboot our server without backing it up first... and lost everything! So now we pretty much have to start from scratch :p

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
I wont gush on, but you guys have the perfect mix of novice and experience mix. Your individual personalities and
some great directing give the show a real watchability (new word)that all RC pilots cant get enough of...keep flying

Chris

Living the dream!
Except for small, self-stabilizing helis, nothing too much.
Same here, I just about managed to hover(ish) a fixed pitch honeybee, but since that crashed into MANY pieces I now stick with the Bixler, JETiger and my home built quad copter. the quad flies like a co-ax heli, so really easy to fly.

John Campbell

I think that Josh Scott is my main man on the program... If you watch Sports, the main announcer keeps up with the stats and the reality of the game... The other person usually with them is for Color (for those not familiar with the term, in simple terms is to add a new angle, or something to make you think, or to go into a different direction). I think it requires more talent to do the color and sometime make yourself look like an idiot to give someone else the chance to bring out the point they want to show. Josh Scott is the perfect choice for that, and you really have to use some brain power and planing to do this. Great job Josh.

John

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
the two josh really make my monday and wednesday the happiest day of the week.

They certainly do! Always something exciting coming up on those days!

@colorex: Nice picture. it reminds of that conversation between the two:
JB: (Talking about a plane and saying that it is reasonably easy to fly)
JS: So I can fly this plane!
JB: You cannot fly this plane!