Freewing A-10 Thunderbolt II
Freewing de Havilland DH-112 Venom
FMS F4U Corsair
P-40B Warhawk
E-flite AT-6
E-flite Maule M-7
E-flite T-28 Trojan
Avios Grand Tundra

STRIX Nano Goblin - (Update - made the FT goblin and it is fantastic!!)

Then there are the kit builds

36" Northern Pike - 3D Printed Cuda Clone
XF VIPER - Foamboard F-16 EDF
Sweepwings Flinch FPV wing
Ritewing Hardcore 38 wing
Ritewing Drak
Ritewing Mini Z 30" Wing
VAS Banshee
Dat Raptor Foamboard F-22
F-4 Phantom - Foamboard Twin 70mm EDF Monster

And the multiple un-built FT kits sitting on my shelves

And I could just keep going and going and going! I could have worse problems :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Ok, so...My list is pretty small, compared to everyone else's. I've GOT most of what I want already!!!

Dream List:

Seaplane/Sea Duck
3D flyer of some sort (Maybe the new FT 540?)
Helicopter (not sure which one - don't know anything about them other than there are a bunch out there LOL)
Armattan Chameleon or QAV Skitzo frame quad
Full size Timber
Rebuilt Bushwacker w/lights for night flight
EDF A-10 Thunderbolt (maybe I'll pick up the UMX version?)
Balsa slow flyer
Paramotor (If you don't know what this is, it's a paraglider with a pusher prop motor strapped to the back)
3D Printed P-38 Lightning

So far?

I've got:

Sea Duck
Dead Bushwacker/Bushwacker II (Bushwacker in the process of being rebuilt)
Blade Conspiracy 210 RTF racing quad
Inductrix Pro
FT Mustang
Versa Wing
UMX Vapor Lite
Strix Nano Goblin
F-27 Retaliator (Thanks Stefan & Flite Test!)

Pilot_35

I will pitch in because how awesome my club and the people I know is. Just so you all know I have been in the hobby about a year.

Dream list (what I still need to complete):
A balsa scratch build edf jet of some sort.
A PA plane of some sort. (Good 3d plane)
A DLG glider
A super fast FPV quad.
I think that is it. However I will think of more later.

What I have:
FT guinea pig (working on flat spins and working on bomb drop)
FT Duster (I don't know if it flies bad or If i just can't fly it)
A gental lady glider (need to finish puttting the motor on the front. Doing a electric conversion)
Sport cub s (Number 1 go to plane that I have not had a problem with it)
Sport cub s2 (can't handle much to any wind. And I live in a more windy place)
WM park flyers yak55 ( learning to fly 3d with it)
2. Fun cubs (one needs a receiver and it is ready to go)
A UMX vapor (need to replace the main CF fuselage)
Fox glider (A harder glider to fly and have not flew it much)
Dlg gambler (needs to be finished building. Its half done)

I have 5 kits I have to build yet. I don't have eltronices for them and the electronics are the more expensive thing.

I have a bunch of rubber band models airplane. They are fun to go and fly. If you guys want to see that list ask. I would be happy to post it.

A lot of my club member and people have given me lots of planes and has been a great help. Can't have enough planes.

b-29er

Dream list:
Polaris Ultra (RIP, victim of streamer chasing at FFE) (y)(y)(y)(y)
F-4 phantom, 64-70mm(y)(y)(y)(y)
Radian (y)(y)(y)
Some straight wing fpv seaplane for FPV use
Straight wing EDF for acrobatics/speed (AMX comes to mind)(y)(y)(y)
Some large scale stuff

What i have:
Syncro (in need of repair)(y)(y)(y)
F-27 Stryker with FPV rig (in need of a new VTX)(y)(y)(y)
NIB RMRC Gremlin
RMRC Anaconda(y)(y)
Some V-tail hotliner (in need of a collet/prop)(y)
Seawind(n)

Some explanation:
Polaris: There's nothing quite like a plane you can fly anywhere. The polaris I had was flown by a modeler in Detroit until i bought it off him. Its flown on a dozen or so lakes, grass, the local RC club, etc. Its all the benefits of both an EDF jet and a seaplane but with none of the drawbacks, so great maneuverabilty, all-terrain usage, awesome speed and a glideslope, without the EDF battery life, noise, and lack of static thrust
F-4 phantom: I had Hobby Lobby F-4. Thing was a blast to fly! It flew like a brick, but it was fast, and great for those low passes where you could hear the noise of the EDF echo off the trees.
Radian: Got loaned one of these by Tim Morel at FFE this year. Its nice to have a plane you can look away from for a moment, thats predictable and slow.
FPV Seaplane: Seems like a neat idea, have something that has a nice, long range, take off and patrol the lake.
Straight wing EDF: I like the blend of performance, maneuverablilty and glideslope that planes like the JPower AMX provide.
Large Scale stuff: I've been trying to build larger scale RC aircraft for the past 10 years, with varying degrees of non-success. The B-36 was my latest attempt, but after some wing structure issues, it's back to the drawing board

Oh, don't buy the Flyzone Seawind. I'm really not sure who thought it was a good idea to create a hatch into the battery bay that opened from the back, and then used only magnets to hold it down, but that aircraft has been grounded for a while due to electronics failures caused by heavy water ingestion when the nose hits a wave.

JGplanes

Mine are mostly custom builds. I have a big family, so my hanger space is VERY limited anyway. I'll stick with 10 in no particular order...

Have
1. Hopeless diamond (my own 1 sheet DTFB creation)
2. Don Karnage's plane (currently building this, and not sure how it's going to turn out)
3. X-29 (have speedbuild kit)
4. 5" quad (I have one in pieces I've never built - still learning the quad thing)

Wish for
5. Nice sized Waco with float option.
6. L-39 EDF kit
7. Dipper from Disney's Planes
8. F-14 EDF kit
9. P-51C (I'd like to take the Horizon 1.2m kit and convert it.)
10. The best RC F-117 Nighthawk a man can buy! I know, I'm dreaming. :)

And a nicely detailed Spitfire Mk XIV to replace the first one of these I crash...

JG

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
@b-29er, thanks for posting some comments and ranking. It's nice to gain some insight of other pilots and their aircraft.

Wow Luis that is some list. I think you need to post a video somewhere. Have you already? Are all those yours or are some Carter's?

Does anyone else have a plane that disappointed them?

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor

Oh yeah.... a few :oops:

an RC Groups design called the "Puddle Shark" - never did more than a figure 9 maneuver... after the 4th one it was toast. Too short coupled and small control surfaces I think.

I had a rotten experience with the FT Mini Scout - I know lots of others have had good ones so it must have been my build technique. Never could sustain controlled flight for more than 10-20 seconds.

The Flyzone Seawind I had was a cursed plane too. Loved to dip a wing and cartwheel when landing on grass. Then the motor mount broke free just after takeoff causing a quick return to the runway and a bunch of prop damage to the fuselage and pylon. After repairing that and having one good flight (the only good flight I ever had wit hit) I moved to the water where I had two flights in a row where it took off and performed fine, but went deadstick within moments of touchdown and needed a boat retrieval. Something about the Specktrum AR6100 in that model just didn't like being close to the surface of the water.

lrussi750

Rogue Pilot
Mentor
@b-29er, thanks for posting some comments and ranking. It's nice to gain some insight of other pilots and their aircraft.

Wow Luis that is some list. I think you need to post a video somewhere. Have you already? Are all those yours or are some Carter's?

That's the wish list Jim, I wish I had all those birds :ROFLMAO:!

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
Just updated my list back on page 1 after quite a while. Starting to run out of hangar space now.

I've had a few:
LX Models twin 70mm F-4 Phantom - Upgraded with my own power system, custom paint scheme and detailing. Never felt in trim, was still underpowered, and always pitched unexpectedly on landing. Crashed twice, and finally an aileron departed on takeoff causing a complete loss.
LX Models 70mm F-35 - Flew terrible. After about 45 degrees bank angle at any speed, the upper wing seemed to stall, forcing it back level. It also hunted horribly in pitch and roll. Oddly enough it was easy to land, but terrible to fly.
Dynam Focus 400 - marketed as an aerobatic aircraft but was underpowered, had tiny ailerons, and very poor landing gear. Gear completely folded during normal taxiing on a paved surface.
Techone Fun Fly Trainer - Not a trainer at all. Wings and tail flexed so much it was near uncontrollable.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
10. The best RC F-117 Nighthawk a man can buy! I know, I'm dreaming. :)

JG

Wouldn't mind one of these either, but from what I've heard from the pilots who actually flew the full size monsters, they're a beast to control. I wonder if an RC version would be as hard to manage?

IcedStorm777

The store bought dirty dozen

P-47 Razorback 1.2m
Freewing F-14 Tomcat
Freewing F-4D Phantom II
Freewing A-10 Thunderbolt II
Freewing de Havilland DH-112 Venom
FMS F4U Corsair
P-40B Warhawk
E-flite AT-6
E-flite Maule M-7
E-flite T-28 Trojan
Avios Grand Tundra
STRIX Nano Goblin

Then there are the kit builds

36" Northern Pike - 3D Printed Cuda Clone
XF VIPER - Foamboard F-16 EDF
Sweepwings Flinch FPV wing
Ritewing Hardcore 38 wing
Ritewing Drak
Ritewing Mini Z 30" Wing
VAS Banshee
Dat Raptor Foamboard F-22
F-4 Phantom - Foamboard Twin 70mm EDF Monster

And the multiple un-built FT kits sitting on my shelves

And I could just keep going and going and going! I could have worse problems :ROFLMAO:

I am thinking about getting the Eflite AT-6, do you like it?

BS projects inc.

Elite member
I will keep it simple to a top 5

1.) fms 2000mm Beaver
2.) flex innovations Cessna 170
3.) PBY Catolina
4.) Freewing t-45 90mm
5.) Grand Tundra

lrussi750

Rogue Pilot
Mentor
I am thinking about getting the Eflite AT-6, do you like it?

My dirty dozen are all aircraft I would like to purchase, currently do not have any of them. Closest I got so far is the FT Goblin instead of the Strix Nano Goblin. I love the FT version!

JTarmstr

Elite member
i dont have a list to share, but i will say, The FT Viggen is possibly my favorite RC jet of all time, its so much fun.

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
Wasn’t sure where to post this, so I figured I’d revive this old thread to share an update to my original post on my collection. Over the past couple of years, I’m happy to say that I crossed a few models off of that dream list and added them to the fleet. Also, finally moved out of the apartment and into a house. Built a few new storage racks as well. Can’t wait to get back to work on some of these projects!
CFB105E7-6B05-4E79-89F6-840B9418F4DE.jpeg
65DFE7D7-22E9-4873-94D2-248EA83D4953.jpeg
8CA94763-7C15-449A-9BDA-4A79CFA7E3F3.jpeg

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
Interesting... I just did this for myself trying to figure out what I wanted to build/etc.

My Oldest Son (Currently, his tastes seem to be more varied):
  1. FT F22 (built)
  2. FT TT Sport/4Channel wing (being built now)
Me (I more have 'functions' that I want to fill over specific craft):
  1. Sub 250g FPV craft - currently the A Tail in my PFP, still looking at other options (aka a FT dart) to see if there is a better option.
  2. Tilt-Rotor vtol (interesting problem to solve)
  3. TT 3/4Channel for buddy boxing my other kids (next up to be built) - if remote ID goes poorly, this will get replaced by my own sub-250g design with similar functionality.
  4. Sub 250g Ribbon Combat/3D plane (not committed to yet)
  5. Gremlin (interested in a quad, but if I get the Tilt Rotor Vtol working sub 250, I think that will take this slot's function)
I want to combine the FPV and tilt rotor vtol, but that is pending me verifying I can ge the tilt-roter thing working to start with. Then I can see about mass optimization. I also may or may-not be worried about that ribbon combat plane as were I fly, no one else seems that interested. At least until Remote ID gets finalized, my goal is to have everything that I have either sub-250g or be made of parts that are relevant for sub-250g.

So, if I get my Tilt-Rotor Vtol working sub250g... I would probably be down to 2/3 craft: that, a TT for my younger kids and a ribbon combat plane.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I didn’t think the Forum sent me any notifications anymore. But here it did and look at who’s here.
My hangar has recently thinned our quite a bit getting ready for this long anticipated move that looks like it’s finally happening. I did hang on to my 2.2 RocHobby VTail glider, my Zephyr, and a heli a purple bearded friend gave me.

OliverW

Legendary member
My 2 All Star planes are:
Extreme flight 105.5" Slick 580 👍👍👍
An absolute favorite but won't hesitate do something phunky that I don't tell it to every once in awhile.
Skywing 91" ARS 300 👍👍👍👍
Does things that I never thought could be possible. Performs amazingly, and can be taken apart within a couple minutes due to it being held together by magnetic pins