All Things CAD

baronbernie

The intent of this thread is to educate, inform and/or to answer questions on the subject of CAD (Computer Aid Design). There are many different CAD programs available so when posting, please provide the program used. For example, TurboCad Deluxe V.16 along with Sketch Up are the programs I use. A sample question that could be asked would be: "How do I convert a saved file into a PDF file?" Or "What tool did you use to draw your ______?" BTW just how do you convert a saved file into a PDF file?

earthsciteach

Its been quite a while since I used AutoCad regularly (and my pc with ACAD installed is currently disconnected), but I beleive a pdf file can be generated through the Plot command. Instead of plotting the drawing it saves it in pdf format. I think....

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Its been quite a while since I used AutoCad regularly (and my pc with ACAD installed is currently disconnected), but I beleive a pdf file can be generated through the Plot command. Instead of plotting the drawing it saves it in pdf format. I think....
Acad or the compatible Draftsight (free to download and use) are similar - plot command.
But to make useful pdf files i always start to make help "crosses" to help tape smaller pages together to a large plan.
I an using the array command to place the marks wit enough margin for both A4 and Letter sized papers.
Then i have to plot the different sections of the plan to pdf files, togeter with an overview.
I am using the free software PDF24 to "assemble" all plotted part files to a multipage pdf.
The 24PDF will also make a "pdf printer" to be used in the CAD software for plotting.