Allow FT Plane SKIN as option during purchase of the Kit

Mr. Tay

Hi FT,
Thanks for accepting my registration and it is really a fun place (FT) to learn about RC knowledge. FT is doing a wonderful job in promoting the RC Hobby !

This is my first post in the Forum and I would like to make a suggestion for FT to consider:

Suggestion: For FT to consider to have the FT Planes’ SKIN as a purchase option during the purchase of a FT Plane kit. Following are the benefits for this suggestion:

1. Buyer does not need to download the SKIN and travel to a place in order to print the SKIN
2. Buyer does not need to worry about error/mistake made during the printing of the SKIN
3. In some location / country, it is not easy / almost impossible to find a company which provide such service to print the downloaded SKIN
4. Buyer will have the SKIN that they want when they make a purchase of a FT Plane Kit. As such, Buyer will receive the FT Plane Kit together the the SKIN and allow they to start building the Plane with the SKIN, which save the time in getting the Plane for maiden :)

I sincerely hope that FT is able to consider the above suggestion as a value proposition to contribute to the community :)

Thanks for reading and best regards

hdkeney

[Suggestion: For FT to consider to have the FT Planes’ SKIN as a purchase option during the purchase of a FT Plane kit. ]

I would buy them in a heartbeat... EXCELLENT IDEA - I hope it is implemented.

Headbang

Master member
Directly printed on the fb would be a very economical way of producing good looking planes from a manufacturing perspective. Pre print the sheets before they go to laser cutting. Based on the idea that FT does things old school with human power. It would add about the same cost as lazer cutting. So a $30 kit might go up to $45 or $50 to make it feasible. Just selling skins for us to put on would be cheaper for the end pilot, but a lot more work.

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
Directly printed on the fb would be a very economical way of producing good looking planes from a manufacturing perspective. Pre print the sheets before they go to laser cutting. Based on the idea that FT does things old school with human power. It would add about the same cost as lazer cutting. So a $30 kit might go up to $45 or $50 to make it feasible. Just selling skins for us to put on would be cheaper for the end pilot, but a lot more work.

Edit: I just skimmed through the past few months of videos and couldn't find a source. Probably something I thought up and thought I heard. Anyhow, it would be super slick to have pre printed skins.

Last edited:

Headbang

Master member
Personally I prefer to paint, cover, ect myself. But for the purpose of getting new people in, bling attracts people. Those who like bling will pay for it, those who like to build cheap will continue to fly white dtbf scratch builds lol

slipshift

The skins printed on FB is a good idea. Will both sides of the FB have to be printed, like a wing with score cuts?

Jim