Help! "Alp" Corsair build

MrJoshua1313

Just starting on my "Alp" design Corsair and have hit a snag on the wing fit. I followed the plans precisely but, nonetheless the top wing " skin" is not fitting together(see pictures). I think it will join the center portion ok. I really don't want to scrap it at this point. I think I might just add 2 filler stripes to the open joint, glue, and x-treme packing tape it all together. Anyone have this fit issue?

Attachments

• 16345126794273399201777101845094.jpg
    16345126794273399201777101845094.jpg
    941.4 KB · Views: 0

flyingkelpie

Elite member
Just starting on my "Alp" design Corsair and have hit a snag on the wing fit. I followed the plans precisely but, nonetheless the top wing " skin" is not fitting together(see pictures). I think it will join the center portion ok. I really don't want to scrap it at this point. I think I might just add 2 filler stripes to the open joint, glue, and x-treme packing tape it all together. Anyone have this fit issue?
I haven't made this plane but I'd say you are on the right track with it although if I'm seeing the design correctly I'd reckon you could just replace the centre 3 pieces with ones that fit. If the centre 3 pieces are part of the main wing then your idea would work fine.