Help! Alpha plane with AR410 receiver

Andre107

Hi. I have a Alpha plane kit and my receiver is a Spektrum AR410. My battery is a Spektrum 3S Lipo 30C 2200 mAh. It is bond but the motor does not turn as well as it should be and I don't know how to set up ailerons. I look every FT videos I found and still don't know what to do.
Can someone help please.
Is AR410 good for Alpha plane?
Is there a video on this subject?
Thanks
Andre

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
The ar410 is a fantastic receiver so I don't believe that its the problem. Could you post pictures of your setup? What radio are you using and what esc and motor are you using? Also, what do you mean by motor does not turn as well as it should be? Does the motor stutter or does it just not have much power? If its the former, you may have a bad esc motor or connection between the two. If its the ladder, the problem is in your battery and or prop setup. Im sorry if my response has more questions than answers but, I need to know more about your setup to give you a better answer.

Andre107

Hi BA.
Thanks for the answer.
My radio is a Spektrum DX6e.
ESC is a 20A from FT Power pack F.
The motor, yes it ''stutter''. When I push throttle, it starts 1 second and stop, strats again and stop. Also shaking.
I have a Spitfire and a F4U Corsair with one AR620 each and everything is working fine.
FT recommends a Tattu 3s LiPo Battery 75C (11.1V/850mAh) with Alpha plane. Is mine too big?
Picture attached.
Waiting for more infos.
Andre

Alpha kit.jpg

LitterBug

Techno Nut
You probably need to calibrate the ESC to your radio.
1) MAKE SURE THE PROP IS OFF!
2) turn radio on and set throttle to full
3) plug in battery to the ESC
4) when the motor stops beeping, drop throttle to minimum.
It should beep a few more times.
Now you should have full range of throttle control.

If it still does not work correctly, you may have one of the mounting screws in too deep making contact with the windings in the motor. If this is the case, you will need to find washers to put between the screw heads and the motor mount so the screws do not go as deep into the motor.

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Hi BA.
Thanks for the answer.
My radio is a Spektrum DX6e.
ESC is a 20A from FT Power pack F.
The motor, yes it ''stutter''. When I push throttle, it starts 1 second and stop, strats again and stop. Also shaking.
I have a Spitfire and a F4U Corsair with one AR620 each and everything is working fine.
FT recommends a Tattu 3s LiPo Battery 75C (11.1V/850mAh) with Alpha plane. Is mine too big?
Picture attached.
Waiting for more infos.
Andre

View attachment 199281
that is an awful big battery for that plane

CappyAmeric

Elite member
Even if you get it working, it likely won’t fly more than a few feet. The battery is 3 times as heavy as expected (and likely cost 4 times as much as a generic 850 mAh 3s battery)

Andre107

Even if you get it working, it likely won’t fly more than a few feet. The battery is 3 times as heavy as expected (and likely cost 4 times as much as a generic 850 mAh 3s battery)

Hi CA.
Thanks for the answer.
I know my battery is too heavy but that's what I have for my 2 other planes and I wanted to try.
I will buy another one.

Andre

Andre107

You probably need to calibrate the ESC to your radio.
1) MAKE SURE THE PROP IS OFF!
2) turn radio on and set throttle to full
3) plug in battery to the ESC
4) when the motor stops beeping, drop throttle to minimum.
It should beep a few more times.
Now you should have full range of throttle control.

If it still does not work correctly, you may have one of the mounting screws in too deep making contact with the windings in the motor. If this is the case, you will need to find washers to put between the screw heads and the motor mount so the screws do not go as deep into the motor.
Hi LB.
Thank you for the answer.
I will check it and come back with results.

I think you need elevons.
I show you on my FlySky but I don't know how to do it on Spektrum I think it might be similar. I know it doesn't look right on the guinea pig but you get the point. elevon = aileron (ch1) + elevator (ch2)

Last edited:

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor

I think you need elevons.
I show you on my FlySky but I don't know how to do it on Spektrum I think it might be similar. I know it doesn't look right on the guinea pig but you get the point. elevon = aileron (ch1) + elevator (ch2)

Spektrum would be different. Setup is TAER - Throttle on Channel 1, Aileron on channel 2, Elevator on channel 3, and Rudder on channel 4. With the DXe, you would need a cable to program in the elevons, either via the bluetooth module and a mobile phone, or USB cable and PC. Once you connect to the transmitter, it's a matter of going in to the Wing Type and selecting either Elevon A or Elevon B (depends on how you have your servos moving - it's just a matter of selecting one and testing the surfaces to make sure they move correctly) and then you're good for maiden and trimming.