• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Alternative Receivers brand experiences

I wonder what you all have experienced with the non name brand receivers, both good and bad.
I use DSM2 and DSMX. I use Spektrum and Lemon. I love the Spektrum AR610 and AR400 but the antennas break off and they are expensive. I have been using the Lemon 4 and 6 channel model. Occaisionally, it seems they lose signal but they have been pretty reliable for the cost. I have a few more of the Lemons than the Spektrums. Thoughts?

FDS

Zero signal loss on the Lemon ones, both with and without satellite. No failures so far.
Not tried Orange as the small ones were out of stock every time I wanted them!

Arcfyre

I use the lemons. I have some simple 6ch ones and a few of the more expensive stabilized ones. Never going back to Spektrum.

kdobson83

I use a dx8e with all sorts of lemon RX's and haven't had issue yet. The cheaper lemon Rx was the main reason I switched from Flysky to Spektrum.

Bricks

I have about 15 Lemon receivers and not one little glitch, I have 13 of the new Orange Gen 2 10 channel with telemetry and they have also been 100% so far. I have only been using these for almost a year, the early Gen 1`s I would get a flaky flight once in a blue moon but never lost total control.

When I was using my Futaba 7C I bought more FrSky FASST compatible receivers than I did Futaba brand. The TF series, which worked very well for me. I found them far more affordable than Futaba, typically 1/3 to 1/2 the price of a comparable Futaba rx.

But now I use a FrSky transmitter so...I guess I'm back to using 'name brand' receivers. :LOL:

Last edited: