Alternative Receivers brand experiences

Captain Video

I wonder what you all have experienced with the non name brand receivers, both good and bad.
I use DSM2 and DSMX. I use Spektrum and Lemon. I love the Spektrum AR610 and AR400 but the antennas break off and they are expensive. I have been using the Lemon 4 and 6 channel model. Occaisionally, it seems they lose signal but they have been pretty reliable for the cost. I have a few more of the Lemons than the Spektrums. Thoughts?

FDS

Elite member
Zero signal loss on the Lemon ones, both with and without satellite. No failures so far.
Not tried Orange as the small ones were out of stock every time I wanted them!

Arcfyre

Elite member
I use the lemons. I have some simple 6ch ones and a few of the more expensive stabilized ones. Never going back to Spektrum.

MorningViewFPV

i use whatever i can get my hands on and a multiprotocol module. the lemon satellites do not have a bind button or pin. can't get it to bind with dsmx or dsm2.

kdobson83

I use a dx8e with all sorts of lemon RX's and haven't had issue yet. The cheaper lemon Rx was the main reason I switched from Flysky to Spektrum.

Bricks

Master member
I have about 15 Lemon receivers and not one little glitch, I have 13 of the new Orange Gen 2 10 channel with telemetry and they have also been 100% so far. I have only been using these for almost a year, the early Gen 1`s I would get a flaky flight once in a blue moon but never lost total control.

Mad_Mechanic

When I was using my Futaba 7C I bought more FrSky FASST compatible receivers than I did Futaba brand. The TF series, which worked very well for me. I found them far more affordable than Futaba, typically 1/3 to 1/2 the price of a comparable Futaba rx.

But now I use a FrSky transmitter so...I guess I'm back to using 'name brand' receivers. :LOL:

Last edited: