alternative to dollar store foam

pastrychefin

So my dollar store only sold the black foam board and as they said its not the same. So i went out looking for other sorces of cheap foam board. at my second job at martins grocery store i had taken notice that they threw out 5 4ft by 8 ft sheets of foam board i asked and have been recieving free foam about once a week or so. the only problem is i think that it is 3/8ths of a inch and not 1/4 inch but free is free and better then a dollar. this foam is so strong and has a plastic layer on the outside i have had 8 sheets siting in my pickup exposed to the rain and weather and there still good.

IMG_20131221_210447.jpg IMG_20131221_210453.jpg

Bolvon72

Mentor
What is the foam board used for prior to disposal, I just may have to accost my grocer. My Dollar store is constantly out.

jeffbuck

i've heard other people say bad things about the black foam board before, i actually use the black more often than the white and havent noticed any problems with it. does anyone know what the actual problem or difference is with the black

rockets4kids

I think at one time in the past Dollar Tree sold a black foam board that was completely different than "reddi board", but currently the white and black stuff are identical except for the color of the paper.