always crashing,how about you?

CustomRCMods

Elite member
Well, I once hired a climber to get my plane down from tree in the school yard next to my house..
The stupid story was, I finished one battery on my beloved Ultimate Biplane; found the motor was pretty hot, so I brought her back to the parking lot, Put her between the fence and my car to cool her down. I took out an ExtremeFlight MSX, plugged the battery in, walked over to the basketball court and took off right away. immediately I heard my wife screaming...., turned around and saw my Ultimate darted into to the fence, chewing up half of the prop and the motor mount, but the motor is still screaming as loud and my wife did.....I forgot to disconnect that battery on the Ultimate! I cut down the throttle try to do a dead stick on the MSX but it seemed to have interference on the RXs for both planes. MSX landed on a pine tree 30 ft above. I was worried about that 4s 3000 65C ThunderPower battery would catch fire during that hot summer day so had to spend $130 for bringing her down. That climber had a good laugh though.

Was flying my gremlin the other day, did a dive straight into a pine tree, got lodged into the branches 50 feet up, and rain was in the forecast the rest of the day. I climbed that tree 4 times, could only get like 30 feet up before the pencil thin branches started to snap under my weight. 4 unsuccessful attempts to shake the little drone out of the tree, no luck. I got a baseball tied to a string and hurled it up there, and after doing that multiple times I got the string stuck in the tree and had to get some more and another ball, I did that a few more times without luck, and ended up with 3 or 4 balls and strings stuck in the pine tree, it was all decorated just like christmas. I ended up getting it down with a direct hit from a tennis ball, I must say it was all luck. Either way I got the drone back, and thankfully it was fully operational even after sitting in the pouring rain for 4 hours.

Moral of the story, well there are actually a few. First one, don't give up, if you want it back you have to keep trying. 2nd, dont risk life and limb to save it... Its just a plane/quad, I know it has value, but chances are the ER bill is gonna cost more :).

Anyway, thats my story, I will shut up now :)

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Sooooo many crashes and wrecked planes!😆 View attachment 169736 I went through 6 mini scouts before I even began to feel comfortable. I’ve been working my way through the FT planes and have found a few favorites. The mini scout of course, but also the storch, and the bushwhacker for sure! I Bonked my BW kinda hard last week so I’ve put her motor and electronics back into my Mig! View attachment 169735 View attachment 169734 I am pumped to fly her again! But I’m pretty sure I’m going to at least break the LG again.
Not the pink Edge! That sucks man, Did you like flying it? The Mig looks spectacular

Winston1203

well, after some more attempts I got it too fly a bit further, but strangely enough, it always seems to fall toward the left side. so when I turned left it straight up did a knifes edge and completely spiral out of control, and then subsequently crash into the ground, my propeller was shredded and I had to glue my plane back together. its completely lived up to its name, (the ruptured duck) and I'm starting to wonder whether it's the name that cursed the plane... anyway, my dad and I bought pretty much everything we needed to get the plane flying again and we plan to test it out when the parts arrive.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hondo76251

Legendary member
my champ and sport cub s find their way into the big pine tree in my back yard far too often... I risk life and limb to get them out :)

I've showed my little "blooper" clip on here quite a few times (should compile a new one, got some pretty comical ones to add now)

But I've obviously had my share of climbing pine and oak trees. In fact, the kids put one up in the top of one of the tallest trees around the house just yesterday. I had to get as absolutely high as I could (and now that I'm well over 200 lbs it doesn't seem as easy as it once did) but as we like to say, improvise, adapt, and overcome. I took my telescoping Shepard staff with me which, extended to 15', was just enough to get it dislodged from its snug little home some 50+ feet off the ground...

I'm sure it'll happen agian! lol

CustomRCMods

Elite member
I've showed my little "blooper" clip on here quite a few times (should compile a new one, got some pretty comical ones to add now)

But I've obviously had my share of climbing pine and oak trees. In fact, the kids put one up in the top of one of the tallest trees around the house just yesterday. I had to get as absolutely high as I could (and now that I'm well over 200 lbs it doesn't seem as easy as it once did) but as we like to say, improvise, adapt, and overcome. I took my telescoping Shepard staff with me which, extended to 15', was just enough to get it dislodged from its snug little home some 50+ feet off the ground...

I'm sure it'll happen agian! lol
Hahah, part of the hobby, hate when they get so lodged in you have to physically pry them out rather than just shaking.

marwen

Welcome to the hobby my friend. I went through model after model until i found one that finally clicked for me. I crashed to many planes to list. I got to the point that the building was so satisfying but the flying part was so frustrating. Planes like the Storch, SE5, Mini Sportster, all barely had any flight time and racked up some serious build and fix it time. Wasn't until i found the Mini Scout did i get used to flying. Then I took off with the Simple Scout, Spitfire, and the prop n slot jets. I also had issues with loss of signal and brown outs a lot. Add all that up in just over a year of my hobby life and think of building over 40 planes. Now yes I might be nuts but i love to build, modify and design my own. I have made up to 4 versions of the same plane over and over again.

You my friend are right in the same boat as a good number of us. Some take to it easy and some don't. Some fly better then they build, others like myself build better then they fly. Always learning though so it never gets boring. Keep at it my friend, get some sim time in maybe, or just keep building new ones, try different designs until it clicks. The Scouts are always my go to, some preach the Tiny Trainer, everyone has there first, the one that makes a pilot out of them. You got this bro[/QUOT
------------------------------------------
Best Reply Mate , Appreciate
------------------------------------------