Amazing....they all work

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
My wife bought me a small box from Hong Kong and inside was an all in one simulator this included
Phoenix v4
Realflight g4 and g5
Reflex XTR
Aerofly deluxe
FMS
And all the leads and interface` I have to admit i was sceptical it only cost US $13.00 but after a little bit of space finding on my hard drive they all load up and work with my turnigy 9x and I have to say phoenix looks superb
I know some copywrites have been abused...but hey what can you do....keep flying

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Man, I need one of those adapters for Phoenix - just so I can sim around with you guys...

Mike oxbig

15% nitro is my cologne
I probably have the same one as you. I bought it mostly so I didn't need to use the interlink with realflight. I ended up trying Phoenix and liking it better.

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
For the love of God, man - Post a link!!!:)[/QUOTE
Check this thread out again over the weekend and i will post the link......or just type "12 in one simulator" on google and you should be ok.....I know Deal extreme are knocking them out for $19.99 and once she (the wife) found it online she (the wife) then went on a price comparison site and got it down to $13.00 from Hong Kong including shipping and it took 11 days to arrive 100_0283.JPG 100_0281.JPG 100_0282.JPG
This is what you get in the box
and this is how it works The 3.5mm stero jack lead works fine in mine

schardti

I almost bought the Phoenix v4 yesterday, but then I decided to take a look in the forum if there is an other RC simulator that's worth thinking about and I am glad I found this thread. I'm still a little skeptical about this 12-in-one-Stick but if so many people have good experience with this, I hope me too. :)

RoyBro

Mentor
The problem is that all the software is pirated. Do you really think that these sim manufacturers agreed to package their products and take their cut of $13?

RC simulators is a niche market at best. If you want them to be around in the future, you have to support them by buying legitimate software packages. Not pirated stuff from China.

Lecture over.

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
The problem is that all the software is pirated. Do you really think that these sim manufacturers agreed to package their products and take their cut of $13?

RC simulators is a niche market at best. If you want them to be around in the future, you have to support them by buying legitimate software packages. Not pirated stuff from China.

Lecture over.

Agreed. I'm considering buying a better Tx that comes with a sim. I think it was the Spectrum Dx9 and Phoenix. I think it was about $200. I'm unsure because I saw it at a local hobby shop that actually isn't that local. I want to say that the Phoenix sim alone was about $80. My memory isn't the best so I could be wrong. If only I could justify spending the $200. ...

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
There are less expensive *legal* options.

Clearview is $30 for the full sim package and less for a "buy it by the plane" package, and all you need is a controller that connects to a PC. It's not the pritiest, but the sim isn't too far off and you'll learn oreintation and stick function -- all while crashing thousands of virtual planes :black_eyed:

If your radio has a spectrum/JR trainer port (looks like a headphone jack) all you need is a mono-mono 1/8" cable and SmartProp Plus running on your PC (can be a pain to set up, but rock-solid once it's done).

(BTW, it's a DX6i or a DX5e -- the 6i is a fine entry level programmable radio, but you'll pass it's funcionality pretty quickly. the DX5e makes a fine buddybox . . .)

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
(BTW, it's a DX6i or a DX5e -- the 6i is a fine entry level programmable radio, but you'll pass it's funcionality pretty quickly. the DX5e makes a fine buddybox . . .)

Still has to be better than my cheap $30 Hobby King 6ch. Anything with expo and that doesn't require a computer to make changes to will be a vast improvement.

Has anyone tried this? http://www.rcdeskpilot.com I seen that Stone Blue Airlines recommends it in their default text that they have on every article they publish. It looks good enough and is free. I may actually download it and give it a whirl. I don't have an RC sim now and not very good is better than none at all. Plus the price is right. I think they pay for the program by selling ad space in the program. I don't mind looking at ads to save some duckets.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
The dx6i is much better than the $30 HK transmitters, and the orange T-6 is virtually a clone of the 6i. The 5e is on par (with one less channel) to the $30 tx. not a huge fan of the 5e, but it comes with most of HH's high end RTF kits.

Yeah, it's ok for a sim. really squishy physics, and cheap graphics, but great for what you pay for. again, like clearview, it' teach you control and orentaion, which is what the most valuable things a sim will teach. I like clearview better, but it'll do nicely for what you need from it.

Royall

OK, maybe I'm just making this thread to complicated after watching too much youtube BUT, I've got the Turnigy 9x coming (someday!!) and will this transmitter work without modifications ie there is a place to plug the cable into the transmitter? I could have sworn, there was a youtube that showed the necessary mod to allow a cable to be plugged into the Turnigy Tx. I maybe confused after seeing so many mods out there for the 9x!