An electric Fun Fly in WI

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
I certainly have no need to join a club. I live on my parents farm. The only bad thing is that (supposedly) the farm is literally one of the highest points in Dane County. So it's kind of hard to avoid the wind. Once I flew down by my uncles house that is more in a valley, but I didn't like the constant traffic and standing near the road.

frogman

I certainly have no need to join a club. I live on my parents farm. The only bad thing is that (supposedly) the farm is literally one of the highest points in Dane County. So it's kind of hard to avoid the wind. Once I flew down by my uncles house that is more in a valley, but I didn't like the constant traffic and standing near the road.

If you're on top of a hill with wind maybe you should give slope soaring a try. ;) I like taking the gliders out on windier days and look for thermals.

electricRC

HbbyFLyr
I have to get an AMA membership yet. The slow season for work is starting early (like way early) and my car is starting show it's age so money is a little tight and I can only do one thing at a time. I don't like joining clubs anyways, too much politics, and usually I find they pick like meeting times and such when it is mot convenient for the regular members. I have been into a few other hobbies that are like that. I mainly looked at a club as a source for a good place to fly.
I do have a small 'park' area behind the house, but it has enough small tree's to force me to flyer higher than what feels comfortable only being a beginner. There is a similar sized clear field and a foot ball field by two very close by schools, but I don't like going there either because they are private property. The grassy area also serves as make shift sporting events and over flow parking for school/community functions so there will also be times I couldn't fly because of that.
Joining a club is pretty much just a guarantee of flying whenever I go.

rcspaceflight

Okay, last minute, but that's how I do things. This event looks like it's free for spectators. Which is good because I am that broke and I don't plan on bringing anything. (I literally have nothing flyable right now.)

I plan on going but I'm unsure of when. Looking at the map I actually know exactly where it is. I think that I'm not going to get there until closer to noon.

frogman

It was great meeting you there. It was a fun time. I didn't take any pictures but did fly my big cam plane 3 times. Video is pretty shaky but was fun to see.

rcspaceflight

It was great meeting you there. It was a fun time. I didn't take any pictures but did fly my big cam plane 3 times. Video is pretty shaky but was fun to see.

It was nice meeting you too. I took about 60 pictures, but nothing spectacular.

P1250353.jpg

P1250354.jpg

P1250355.jpg

P1250364.jpg

P1250365.jpg

P1250379.jpg

P1250380.jpg

P1250384.jpg