An old newb

Flying Monkey fab

Elite member
Hi all, I'll be lurking for a bit but I will have questions after the proper lurk time.
I had gobs of fun 50 years ago playing with control line models that were the design equivalent of the FT way of looking at things.

Tried to get into RC about 25 years ago but found I didn't have the patience for glow engines.

I've been a "real" pilot for the last 30 years so the fact that FPV has become practical thrills me.

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
Love the avatar! One of the FT Forum moderators and a fantastic member of the Flite Test community also goes by "Flying Monkey" (aka Fred Provost).

Lurkers and contributors are always welcome. What are you areas of interest with FPV, drones or airplane?

Cheers and welcome!

johnreto

welcome to the flite test community, any questions you have, someone here can definetly answer them.

You'll prob get the hang of flying in no time with pilot experience, only difference is, when your doing a roll or inverted, youre still standing right side up :D that'll be weird at the beginning, but heaps of fun :D

What have you been flying as a pilot?

cheers

Flying Monkey fab

Elite member
Love the avatar! One of the FT Forum moderators and a fantastic member of the Flite Test community also goes by "Flying Monkey" (aka Fred Provost).

Lurkers and contributors are always welcome. What are you areas of interest with FPV, drones or airplane?

Cheers and welcome!

I hate that my username is so close to someone else's but so far I have not found a spot to change that. Perhaps Fred can help me out with that if he sees this as you say he is a mod.

As to multirotor or fixed wing, well my experience is in fixed-wing but I'm sure I'll end up doing both. I'd love to make a hybrid down the road.

Flying Monkey fab

Elite member
welcome to the flite test community, any questions you have, someone here can definetly answer them.

You'll prob get the hang of flying in no time with pilot experience, only difference is, when your doing a roll or inverted, youre still standing right side up :D that'll be weird at the beginning, but heaps of fun :D

What have you been flying as a pilot?

cheers

Hey John, thanx for your input. There is not much I have not flown over the last 40 years, just no sailplane or helo. I've owned 3 experimental planes and have flown paragliders and powered paragliders. Weight shift as well. All good fun.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Welp, I can tell you from experience that quads with FPV are awesome. :) And the first time you try flying FPV, sit down. Most people start walking around, or leaning with the direction the camera's moving.

I wonder sometimes if I'm an anomaly, because I tend to fly standing up, and they can't figure out how I can do that. LOL