An open letter to all the folks who have helped a Noob.

Stradawhovious

"That guy"
To everyone who has helped a Noob I thank you.

I'm nearing 40 (it hurt to say that just then) and just last year decided to get back into the hobby (was into it a little when I was in my teens). Since then I have had a couple of mentors (buddy boxing and virtual support) and a few friends helping me out in the field. Most recently I had 2 friends all but assemble a tricopter for me. Not because I can't afford one (well, I kind of can't... ) but because they want to share the thrill they get while flying theirs.

To have such wonderful support in this hobby, especially amongst strangers is just unbelievable. Not many places to you find the patience, kindness and generosity of spirit as you do in the RC hobby.

That's my experience anyways.

To the students...

Remember all of the help you get from those around you and take the time to pass it on. It would be a sad day to see this hobby fall away due to the lack of participation from the next generation. Make your enthusiasm infectious, and be sure to take someone under your wing when the time is right.

Sorry to sound sappy. You may now continue with your regularly scheduled programming.

Techno

Sunny Day Park Flyer
Man, I'm helping my friend learn to fly with his new Bixler, you just gave the whole experience a whole new meaning...(Speechless)

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
I too, would like to thank all of the mentors and everyone who has helped me get into this hobby.

I myself was alone when I started 4 years ago; bought the wrong plane and crashed it epically and it didn't deter me at all. Went out and bought smaller 3 channel and learned how to keep something in the air. After that I found Flitetest and continue learning.

Their channel kept me interested and let me know it was okay to crash, repair and fly some more.

While I am no great pilot, I mostly can keep them in the air and don't crash much.

Without the knowledge of the people here, I would have given up long ago. So thanks to Flitetest and all of the wonderful people here in the forums as I would not have the memories, friends, and be as broke as I am without all of you!

Thanks guys!!!