• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Andre's Durafly SkyMule

Hi Guys, first post here! Sorry to drag up an old thread, but just wanted to ask for some advice. Got my Skymule a few weeks ago and its awesome apart from the fact that I keep breaking the nose gear servo. I take off from a horse's field, so its not too flat. Basically my question is should I buy an expensive metal geared servo, or are there any other tips so I don't have to keep replacing it? Thanks in advance!

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Hi Guys, first post here! Sorry to drag up an old thread, but just wanted to ask for some advice. Got my Skymule a few weeks ago and its awesome apart from the fact that I keep breaking the nose gear servo. I take off from a horse's field, so its not too flat. Basically my question is should I buy an expensive metal geared servo, or are there any other tips so I don't have to keep replacing it? Thanks in advance!
I use $5 metal geared servos with no issue. Just make sure they are full metal geared. Some are a mix between metal and nylon.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Soy vs foam

Had an issue with the Skymule while at FliteFest.

I suspect it was a setup issue as I had very poor aileron control even in high rates.
Tried to set the plane down gently but the soy field might as well been a concrete post.

IMG_4963.jpg IMG_4986.jpg

I'll break out the foam-tac and a hair dryer very soon.

Did order some fresh wing tubes from HK but everything else's looks mendable.

If this would have happened last year. Oh man I would have been so upset.
Now I find I'm much better about these kind of things.

Do you guys think this plane would fly acceptably on a slightly lower kV motor? I have some 980kV motors I recycled from a 450 size quad project sitting on the shelf doing nothing at all.

Thanks Andre, its a shame its the one job the TG9e can't do! Sorry to hear about yours, maybe now would be a good time to convert it to an FPV ship? :)

Last edited:

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Thanks Andre, its a shame its the one job the TG9e can't do! Sorry to hear about yours, maybe now would be a good time to convert it to an FPV ship? :)
It will be back in the air in a few weeks.

I had to order some few new wing spars.

This evening I used the hot water trip but for the sky mule I probably need a hot tub ;)

IMG_5034.jpg