Wingspan: 1270mm
Overall Length: 1110mm
Wing Loading: 53.7g/d㎡
Servo: 9gx4pcs
Battery: 14.8V 2200mAh 25C
Speed Controller: 40A
Motor: BM3720A-KV500
Flying Weight: 1450g

She's a big plane swing a 13" tripe blade prop.

Can't wait to take her out.

Yes "Hi my name is André and I'm weak."

:)

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Big Bad Wulf

Oh I like this plane.

Will add more yellow to help with the visual cues but other wise it flew great.

Plenty of run time with the 4S 2650.

I just need to work on my landings ;)

IMG_4059.jpg IMG_4060.jpg

Yakuza7104

flying and taking off are the easy bit I heard? Landing is where the money is at haha =]

Very nice plane mate looks cool :)

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
I'll get it soon enough.

Just silly how the nerves get going. ;)

I'm going to add some yellow to the plane for sure.

Camo.jpg

Capt_Beavis

Posted a thousand or more times
Orientation/visibility is my second biggest challenge after a proper landing. That will look nice with yellow.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Next little project will be to extract the gun sound and light kit from the FT-Racer and put them in this plane.

There are lights as well but the prev owner plugged them in to a 5v source. Poof.

If I can replace them I will. Also reading up about flaps ;)

After that I will need to source a spare prop.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
That didn't take long

Took the 190 apart last night but for a good reason.

IMG_4070.JPG

This plane needs a gun sound and light kit!

IMG_4078.JPG

It also gave me a chance to learn a little more about the newest member to the hanger.

IMG_4071.JPG IMG_4072.JPG IMG_4073.JPG

Surprised how much nose weight is in there.

I also did some colour testing but the $ Store acrylic paint is streaky so I'll buy some high quality paint soon.
IMG_4069.JPG

Removed the ESC. I need to consider if I'm going to clip off the red connector and just run with a straight XT-60
IMG_4068.JPG IMG_4074.JPG IMG_4075.JPG IMG_4076.JPG

On the gun light/sound kit.
The Dr Mad Thrust has as a 3A bec I'm considering using that to send power to the landing gear to reduce the load on the ESC and radio. So I'll put in a jst connector off the battery feed.
IMG_4077.JPG

The gun leds are going to be routed into the wings via the wheel wells. You can see the open holes waiting for lights.
IMG_4055.JPG

I'd considered adding flaps but the wings are glued so unless I'm in there doing serious repairs I'll save that for a future job.

Looking forward to flying this plane.

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
Not sure what your runway situation is but those tiny Cheerio-style wheels will not do much on anything other than a paved runway. You may want to consider a mod for this. Bigger wheels and hog out some foam to make them fit in the wing. The FW-190 had split flaps so you may want to consider that prior to your mod for them as well.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Not sure what your runway situation is but those tiny Cheerio-style wheels will not do much on anything other than a paved runway. You may want to consider a mod for this. Bigger wheels and hog out some foam to make them fit in the wing. The FW-190 had split flaps so you may want to consider that prior to your mod for them as well.

Yep. I will do a few more runs first but that is a common mod to size up the wheels.
Trim the skirts down a touch as well.

On the flaps my issue right now is the wing is glued (really well). I don't want to hack into it right away ;)

A.

airhawk

Crashing Ace
your much better at landings then me and my um t 28 i can barley fly it with missing parts from shipping and my pure lack of skill ive always been backed up by the aileron and ruder being paired together to help me fly but when i need to land or bail most of the time i just chop the throttle but there's a big difference between the two planes also do you have throttle hold or something like that on the fw 190 cause in the video you said you hit a switch that cuts the power
thanks
-Airhawk

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
It was just me being silly and I hit the throttle lock by accident. Not sure why I did it but it happened...

I imagine once I can do some passes without the cross wind it will be Suhkio which needs speed.

I usually land my UMX P-40 on grass.

Keep it up ;)

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
I have. And trust me Chris from the podcast and I have had many discussions about what warbird to look at.

The SeaFury and that Riff Raff look awesome but for me the batteries kill the deal.

It is one thing to get an awesome set of 3S 2200 packs but a 4S 4000 or worst a 6S holy $$$.

Specially for me since I have to ship my lipos via Fedex if I order from HK International.

I'd been waiting for the Durafly P-40 or even the E-Flite P-47 but both of those planes have been shut down with the addition of the FW-190.

I will have to get some extra packs for the 190 in time but for now I have 4 packs which will do me fine for a while.

Probably my last plane purchase for a long while to come. The hanger is full and I've checked off all the boxes.

Really I'm excited about simply flying and relaxing this summer.

airhawk

Crashing Ace
I have. And trust me Chris from the podcast and I have had many discussions about what warbird to look at.

The SeaFury and that Riff Raff look awesome but for me the batteries kill the deal.

It is one thing to get an awesome set of 3S 2200 packs but a 4S 4000 or worst a 6S holy $$$.

Specially for me since I have to ship my lipos via Fedex if I order from HK International.

I'd been waiting for the Durafly P-40 or even the E-Flite P-47 but both of those planes have been shut down with the addition of the FW-190.

I will have to get some extra packs for the 190 in time but for now I have 4 packs which will do me fine for a while.

Probably my last plane purchase for a long while to come. The hanger is full and I've checked off all the boxes.

Really I'm excited about simply flying and relaxing this summer.

same here im going to build my first mini quad (which is also my first fpv rig ) but since my parents fund me that is going to be a while before another one also its going to be $400 . but cant buy it until i come back from India i only leave in 6 days im hoping i can get it done fast i still have the um p 51 that i haven't flown but first have to get the um t 28 down. also tell Chris hi :)
-Airhawk

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
HK/ Durafly will be releasing a nice P-40 later this year. And yes that was the P-47 I'd considered.

Both look like very nice planes which will fly great on 3S for sure.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Now she's a proper war bird

Stole the gun kit I had in the FT Racer.

Positioned the speaker and 2 modules on the wing. So if I ever need to remove the wing it is a pretty simple job.
Once I've flown the setup I want to come back and shorten all the wires.

IMG_4086.JPG

I used the 2 inner gun ports for the LED's.
IMG_4087.JPG

The BEC and controller for the whole thing.
I actually plan on using the unit to power the gear which will lower the draw on the ESC.
IMG_4088.JPG

The ESC with the XT-60 connector.
IMG_4090.JPG