Help! Anemic plane. Wrong props?

Vimana89

Legendary member
My slender delta plane is super anemic. The last prototype used an A pack and 6x3 props,had good power and could climb great, near vertically, but I could not control the plane because I had no expo. I now have a transmitter with expo, and my newest build attempt of this plane is using a graupner 2806 ultra 1900 KV motor and a 5x3 prop. This motor should be more powerful, and it had a whole range of props listed it was compatible with, including 5x3. Maybe this was for a quad? It flies low and slow, and although I can steer it now, it climbs like 💩 and is very anemic. Maybe I should use a more aggressive prop like 5.5x5?

Attachments

• IMG_0575.JPG
    IMG_0575.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

FDS

Elite member
It hasn’t got much wing area, it’s likely just floating on the prop, a bit like a nutball?

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
You may be under propping it. I think the A-packs are 2300kv and you were running 6 x 3 props. The new motor is 1900Kv so it should be able to handle the 6x3 no problem (lower Kv motors of similar size and quality can typically handle larger diameter props). Also, have to ask, but the numbers on the prop are facing towards the front of the plane?

Vimana89

Legendary member
It hasn’t got much wing area, it’s likely just floating on the prop, a bit like a nutball?
Its a bit like that, but still generates a load of vortex lift. Like I said, I had an earlier prototype that could climb pretty much vertically and had no problem staying up on low and moderate speeds.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Hmm...What battery are you using? 3S, 2200 mah with 35/50C rating? Believe it or not, the battery makes a difference...

Vimana89

Legendary member
3s 650 mah seen a plane of the same wing type run very well on my same motor with a 3s 600mah. This used 5.5x5 three blade props though.