Angel EPP Servo Question

bubblegoose

Ready to Help
I've had a lot of experience with R/C mainly with cars and boats. I have a 2m spirit Glider, and have plenty of flying time under my belt.
I want to get into 3D flying, as I can have all the nice easy relaxing flying with the glider, and want a challenge.

I have decided that the Angel EPP from HobbyKing would be right up my alley, and something that I can fly without caring too much if I smash it up (as I will just repair it and keep destroying it :) )

My Dilemma is, the Australian warehouse doesn't stock any of the hextronik 9g micro servo's. Would I be able to use the HK15158A Digital BB 25g servo's instead? Obviously there is going to be a weight increase in the tail by + 32 Grams in the tail, and an overall weight gain of 64g. Would that make a noticeable difference to the flight characteristics of the plane, It shouldn't make that much difference right?

Thanks in advance!

Sidenote: Also, when signing up to this website, I was faced with issues picking a password that was not deemed "weak", due to it not having a capital letter. I work in the IT industry so I have a fair understanding of all things IT related, and in terms of password security (in regards to being hacked) the Only factor that determines a passwords strength is length. Capital letters, symbols, numbers do not add to the complexity/strength of a password in any technical sense. However, it might add to the complexity/difficulty in trying to remember it. thx

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
The extra weight will make a difference but if you still get your CoG right you should be ok ...just shorter flight times....one piece of advice i can give you is with 3D is to dial your rates right down to start with and increase them slowly as you become more confident if all you have flown before is a glider you are going to notice a massive difference in the planes speed of movement and it can take you by suprise....keep flying

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
My Dilemma is, the Australian warehouse doesn't stock any of the hextronik 9g micro servo's. Would I be able to use the HK15158A Digital BB 25g servo's instead? Obviously there is going to be a weight increase in the tail by + 32 Grams in the tail, and an overall weight gain of 64g. Would that make a noticeable difference to the flight characteristics of the plane, It shouldn't make that much difference right?

On a 3D airplane, 64 grams more is way too heavy. I'd get the closest thing to 9 grams as possible. I don't know how to check the AUS warehouse for stuff other than planes, but you might need an order to the intl warehouse. Don't get anything above 12 grams.

Only factor that determines a passwords strength is length. Capital letters, symbols, numbers do not add to the complexity/strength of a password in any technical sense. However, it might add to the complexity/difficulty in trying to remember it. thx

Symbols and that weird stuff can keep other people from guessing an easy password - like one's own name.

bubblegoose

Ready to Help
On a 3D airplane, 64 grams more is way too heavy. I'd get the closest thing to 9 grams as possible. I don't know how to check the AUS warehouse for stuff other than planes, but you might need an order to the intl warehouse. Don't get anything above 12 grams.

Thanks, I will grab some from the Global site.

Symbols and that weird stuff can keep other people from guessing an easy password - like one's own name.

I was referring to password strength against a hacker more than anything. Not someone who knows the user and the users name, phone number, address etc.