Another 3D priner beginner

Userofmuchtape&glue

Posted a thousand or more times
Hi all.

Come to pick your brains again, this time about 3D printers.

So I have a budget of $280, and would like a big print bed because dad is likely to hijack it for his things as well!

I live in Australia so postage is a issue, so US sites are kinda out because of the postage costs.

I don't mind if it is a kit or ready built, but if it is a box of parts good manuals are always a plus! I run a Windows 10 computer.

So far, I have the list below in mind. Please share your thought's!

Geeetech® Prusa I3 Pro W DIY 3D Printer

Anet A8 High Precision High Quality FDM Desktop DIY 3D Printer

Will add more as I find them!

Abe

Geeto67

Posting Elsewhere
I am a newbie too and I just bought an Anet A8. It has a fairly large print bed, hot bed, and a lot of features that other printers in it's price range don't have. I got it for a $138 black Friday deal. I understand that out of the box I have about $60 in upgrades that should be done before I try to print real stuff, but that's the thing about cheap - you trade labor and accessory spending to reduce upfront cost. The printer is a Pruisa I3 clone so there is support for it and the community for it is amazing. There are a ton of videos on youtube showing the printer and how toos, it's pretty great. Once the upgrades are done the printer is capable of some really amazing prints, better than a lot of higher end home machines.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Either of those look like very good options - have heard a lot of people here on the forums having success with the Anet A8 too.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I'm about as noob as they come but learning and printing constantly. I was gifted a CR-10 just a couple weeks ago and find it excellent though I have no experience with others. It's max print size is 300mm x 300mm x 400mm. It has excellent reviews too. The price though might be a bit more than you want. Since it was a gift I didn't go searching for its worth but have heard it's under $400, how much under might make it an option.

Userofmuchtape&glue

Posted a thousand or more times
Right thanks guys!

I might go with the A8 because it is a well known printer and I am likely to get better info on it.

Can anyone recommend filament and how long a roll lasts?

Abe

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
I was gonna go Anet A8 but after a bunch of resource and did note exactly have weeks to get it tweeked and built. I decided to go with a monoprice maker select v2, or in some place wanhao i3. I literally had it printing in 10 min had an very very very good benchy out of the box. Since i got it I did a microswiss hotend replace, and a mosfet upgrade. Adding zbraces soon. Im glad I got it it has an all steal gantry also unlike the acrylic anet. It is the same exact printer as the forge 3d on flite tests site.