Another aircraft rescue thread. LOL

Turbojoe

Elite member
OK so I got tired of seeing you guys making major scores at estate sales etc. It's my turn now. I rarely use Facebook but I had subscribed to the local R/C buy and sell group and saw a post with crash jobs for WAY below cheap. I went for one and left with three. All have motors and servos. The Mustang has Futaba digitals!
Rebuilding peoples crash jobs is the ultimate R/C thrill for me. I always gave them back to the crasher. I'm going to keep the Waco but the Mustang and the Fokker will both be given to the local R/C club.

Here's what I got today:

Nick Ziroli (?): 47" P-51 Mustang. Minor wing damage. Both landing gear ripped out of the wing. LOTS of stuff rattling around inside the fuse. I can't wait to start stripping it down so I can get out some balsa and glue! I can't find a Ziroli 47" Mustang with Google. It may not actually be a Ziroli as he listed it. Maybe a H.O.B kit? I've got a lot of research to do this weekend.

Electrifly Fokker DVII: Almost all (so far) damage seems to be covering only. This should be a quick fix.

Waco: Not sure if this was a bARF or a kit. I messaged the guy asking if he new who kitted it as I'll need a cowl for it and want to get the right one. This one I'll keep.

Joe

Group 01.JPG Group 02.JPG Electrifly Fokker DVII.JPG Waco 01.JPG Waco 02.JPG Mustang wing 01.JPG Mustang wing 02.JPG Mustang wing 03.JPG Mustang wing 04.JPG

SSgt Duramax

Looks fun, maybe I should keep an eye out for things like that. Someone was talking about how they were going to dispose of a plane one day on here and I was like "if you were closer I would totally take it and fix it!"

Turbojoe

Elite member
Yeah, keep your eyes peeled for stuff like this. My tiny investment of time and some materials makes it easy to give them away to some deserving kid or adult. I have over 50 bult planes and need to try to decide which ones I might give away as well. I'm not a member and I haven't had a chance to call the club prez when he's home to see if they're even interested in the planes.

I'll be listing a BUNCH of N.I.B. plane kits and Dumas boat kits on RC Groups in the next week or so. The classified section here doesn't have much traffic

Joe