Another beautiful sunrise

Randomkid87

C557A201-71B7-4065-8E0E-40CC686629BC.jpeg

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
That is a nice pic, foreground could use some more contrast for lost detail.

What do you use these pics for, just a hobby or is there something deeper?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Shame you are locked into most settings on those type cameras that could manipulate shots like that as with normal cameras. Small changes like aperture, fstop, iso, and shutter speed could open that up much better across the entire shot to bring out so much more detail. They use generic settings for light handling and rely more on the takers post shoot editing to do all that stuff on these mass produced platforms.

As you get older and better set financially you should upgrade to a better commercial airframe that can take the load of real SLR cameras. You got a good eye for the shots and composition developing already so better gear and maybe a photography course here and there you could make some serious money as a pro pilot doing what you are already doing for fun.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
The contrast of the lighting always makes sunrise/sets a challenge. No real way to capture it without a good editor and some skill, and even then, you'll never beat having been there...

Someday I'll get a real editor, but I did toy around with blending a Sunrise from my phantom once, but with MS paint! lol

Sunrise Edit J.jpg

Since the best flight times seem to be early morning, I bet more than a few of us have seen some good sunrises, maybe we should put up a few! :)

Randomkid87

The contrast of the lighting always makes sunrise/sets a challenge. No real way to capture it without a good editor and some skill, and even then, you'll never beat having been there...

Someday I'll get a real editor, but I did toy around with blending a Sunrise from my phantom once, but with MS paint! lol

View attachment 150356

Since the best flight times seem to be early morning, I bet more than a few of us have seen some good sunrises, maybe we should put up a few! :)
Like I’m totally feeling the struggle with you on The editing it to perfection! Yeah I been up early lately trying to get as many clips for my yearly montage. Yes y’all should definitely post more sunrise/set pictures

Randomkid87

Shame you are locked into most settings on those type cameras that could manipulate shots like that as with normal cameras. Small changes like aperture, fstop, iso, and shutter speed could open that up much better across the entire shot to bring out so much more detail. They use generic settings for light handling and rely more on the takers post shoot editing to do all that stuff on these mass produced platforms.

As you get older and better set financially you should upgrade to a better commercial airframe that can take the load of real SLR cameras. You got a good eye for the shots and composition developing already so better gear and maybe a photography course here and there you could make some serious money as a pro pilot doing what you are already doing for fun.
Yes I would love to but as my good friend @mach1 rc knows I don’t have the best paying job and better equipment is hard to come by😂 as I already spend a lot on my photography setup and now my drone set up🤪 to buy a set up for GOOD cinematography would cost me easy around 4K usd and I don’t have money like that to spend on something I “might be able to make money off idea🤷‍♂️“

Randomkid87

Yes I would love to but as my good friend @mach1 rc knows I don’t have the best
Yes I would love to but as my good friend @mach1 rc knows I don’t have the best paying job and better equipment is hard to come by😂 as I already spend a lot on my photography setup and now my drone set up🤪 to buy a set up for GOOD cinematography would cost me easy around 4K usd and I don’t have money like that to spend on something I “might be able to make money off idea🤷‍♂️“
and imagine trying to fly a drone with a damn red camera on it!!!!!! Jesus it makes me shutter thinking about the price u pay if you reck that that set up😳

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Oh I dont mean now I know your young yet. I meant after you get established in the working world and have steady and stable income.

For now keep doing what you do as you are good at it even if you dont have top of the line gear. We all started some where. Heck I started flying quadcopters with a Walkera runner 250 in angle mode.. Now I rip quads around the sky capable of near 150 mph. I went from MAYBE 10 degree camera tilt when I started to over 80 degree tilt now just to see ahead of myself and I STILL end up looking at grass at full throttle hehe.