25A ESC (Quad)
10x4.5 Slowfly Props
6 Servos

56894373_2817979345093382_7622846413801521152_n.jpg

57028945_401830893746505_1246924032180224000_n.jpg

57504503_284456672445930_4906519674868465664_n.jpg

Michael9865

Elite member
Nice flight, to bad the train whistle didn’t work. I wonder if putting it in between two of the motors would help. Or adding a cone to funnel air into it.

L Edge

Master member
If you want cowls for the motors, see if you can get silver spray can covers and you can slide them over the square mount if they are the right size. Will look real cool.

Are you going to launch the smaller 4 engine plane from the larger. Notice you reduced the tail quite a bit. I give that a 50/50 chance of clearing.

Suggest you launch by building a cradle at an angle of about 15-20 degrees and retain plane at 2 points to keep it from flopping around in the air. I used a metal arm servo slotted (gear switch) and a upright wire between elevons to keep it stable. In fact, if rig is fixed to bottom plane, you should be able to used some power from dropable if there is not enough power to get launch vehicle up in the air comfortable when loaded.

Also, it is a pain to use 2 pilots, so get a Guillow's space shuttle, weight the nose slightly with tape and one wing and watch it spiral down. No need for other person.
Search here for my thread for my 3fer1 setup on shuttle. Any questions, glad to answer.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
I was just going to velcro the other plane to the top deck and go into a stead dive.

If you want cowls for the motors, see if you can get silver spray can covers and you can slide them over the square mount if they are the right size. Will look real cool.

Are you going to launch the smaller 4 engine plane from the larger. Notice you reduced the tail quite a bit. I give that a 50/50 chance of clearing.

Suggest you launch by building a cradle at an angle of about 15-20 degrees and retain plane at 2 points to keep it from flopping around in the air. I used a metal arm servo slotted (gear switch) and a upright wire between elevons to keep it stable. In fact, if rig is fixed to bottom plane, you should be able to used some power from dropable if there is not enough power to get launch vehicle up in the air comfortable when loaded.

Also, it is a pain to use 2 pilots, so get a Guillow's space shuttle, weight the nose slightly with tape and one wing and watch it spiral down. No need for other person.
Search here for my thread for my 3fer1 setup on shuttle. Any questions, glad to answer.

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
So....it looks like you have all inboard turning props? The starboard side is CW and the port side CCW?

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
So....it looks like you have all inboard turning props? The starboard side is CW and the port side CCW?

Yes props spin inwards. So in this case the R props on are on the right side and the Left...
CCW on the left, CW on the right (I think)