Another Big 4 Motor Plane

L Edge

Master member
Did you know that if you spin the props to the outside on both wings, it helps it roll much better!!! 3 other transport guys tried the same and agreed.

Will be interesting in the sound and airflow reaction(thrust) of your bird. Did it with a set of 5"x5pitch props on a fighter plane and it worked out okay at high speed and rpm's. I wonder what would happened if using large slow flying props was the case.

L Edge

Master member
I did a YC-14 even with a high T- Tail where the whole elevator moved around a pivot point. Very poor takeoffs and super sensetive landings and so I hacked it off. Modified it twice and now it is a 2 fer 1 plane where I just change wing(props) to carry shuttle. You should do that for show.

Just use 2 cheap $10 64mm EDF's and it works super.

Last edited:

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
I did a YC-14 even with a high T- Tail where the whole elevator moved around a pivot point. Very poor takeoffs and super sensetive landings and so I hacked it off. Modified it twice and now it is a 2 fer 1 plane where I just change wing(props) to carry shuttle. You should do that for show.

Just use 2 cheap $10 64mm EDF's and it works super.

I’ve got some 70mm EDF motors waiting for my next project 😈. 4 EDF monster. Just have to land on time 😀

L Edge

Master member
Some photos show dihedral on the wing and other not. If dihedral, how are you insuring strength of the wing so it doesn't fold?
Are you trying to bring something different to flightfest?

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Some photos show dihedral on the wing and other not. If dihedral, how are you insuring strength of the wing so it doesn't fold?
Are you trying to bring something different to flightfest?

I'm not brining anything big to FliteFest. I'm far to busy while I'm there.
NightRadian, FT Scout and maybe one other plane.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Rudder servos installed.
Should be able to get a few flights in this weekend.
Also looking at tent poles for spars.
If that works I'll build a new wing with a 40" centre allowing me to space out the props.

IMG_7490.JPG

IMG_7491.JPG