Another newb, Jerry from Oklahoma City

Diver9543

Hi all, I am new to flying and having a great time building the Simple Storch. I have a couple Quads that I have been crashing
around the flight club and figured I would try my hand at fixed wings. One thing I have discovered putting the Storch together, I glue like I fly - all over the place. I was having a hard time putting the wing together. The glue gun wasn't feeding the glue fast enough. After some trial and loads of error, I discovered that while gripping the glue gun I was moving the switch to the lower (cooler) position. A piece of tape has fixed that problem. Tomorrow I will start on the fuselage. I got the kit from FT and the eletronics from Altitude Hobbies both were fast on the delivery and received in great shape. When my postman delivered the package from FT I found out that he also flies and he invited me to his flying field. He said he is usually there on Sundays. I look forward to joining him and learning some skills. I spent the first couple days after receiving the kit tracing the pieces onto poster board, just in case I might need to do any repairs from the heavy thumb. :rolleyes:
One thing I have done was picking up a couple flight sims and I have been doing a lot of practice on take offs and landings. I actually have had RealFlight for a couple years and picked up Phoenix resently because it has one of the planes I have on my wish list, the E-Flite Apprentice S 15e. I have other FT DTFB planes that I want to add to my flight line when I get the Storch finished.
I look forward to hearing from others online and learning some of your best practices.

Jerry

Ron B

Posted a thousand or more times
welcome to the forum
make sure you get all the score cuts and creases put on your templates I forgot some once.

Diver9543

Thank you, Ron. I actually had the Storch plans saved on my hard drive and open making sure I had everything color coded. That is why it seemed to take forever before I started working on the airplane.