Another P40

Homey

Elite member
This was another very pleasant build. Followed the vid build guide and it really turned out well. The fuse is a bit off kilter at the nose, but I don't think it'll affect much.
Waiting for my props and spinner and then maiden. Paint upon success! The Flying Tiger decals await!

Peter
20191105_200208.jpg

PoorManRC

Master member
That looks GOOD!! I built on for my Friend, stock like yours....

With my build, I'm starting to think that I should have gone stock too, instead of the overblown modification project I've created!!!
I don't always know where to quit...

I do like how yours is turning out!!

Homey

Elite member
That looks GOOD!! I built on for my Friend, stock like yours....

With my build, I'm starting to think that I should have gone stock too, instead of the overblown modification project I've created!!!
I don't always know where to quit...

I do like how yours is turning out!!
Thank you for your kind words!

Homey

Elite member
And some homemade decals.
Used the landing gear image from the Rasterize p40.
C'mon China, I need those props! Lol.

Peter
20191117_161824.jpg
20191117_162038.jpg
20191117_162209.jpg

PoorManRC

Master member
Thanks for noticing! I cut out the Rasterize skin of the landing gear housing and used that as a template on a hunk of foam. Some forming and tadaa. Pretty simple, actually.

Peter
You're right Peter, that does sound simple!

If you look at my P-40 Build, I'm trying to make it SCALE. As Scale at least, as a folded Foam Core Board Aircraft can be!! 😜 I already know I went too far, but that's just my style... I've been a Scale Modeler since about 1979!! 😳

I cut the back Windows out behind the Canopy, with Lexan Windows there, and a Full Canopy and Windshield... And planning a full interior, weight permitting.
I cut out the lower Nose, and molded the signature lower Intake out of Foam. Still fighting with that one!!

Homey

Elite member
You're right Peter, that does sound simple!

If you look at my P-40 Build, I'm trying to make it SCALE. As Scale at least, as a folded Foam Core Board Aircraft can be!! 😜 I already know I went too far, but that's just my style... I've been a Scale Modeler since about 1979!! 😳

I cut the back Windows out behind the Canopy, with Lexan Windows there, and a Full Canopy and Windshield... And planning a full interior, weight permitting.
I cut out the lower Nose, and molded the signature lower Intake out of Foam. Still fighting with that one!!
Ya, I like the scoop as well. My Miniac p40 looked very scale as it had the scoop, but it was a bit of work, alright.
20191118_071713.jpg