Another probl with the bixler

mick

Hi guys first i want to tell you that i posted an interesting article for those that do fpv on the site so have a look!! Might help!

In second, i noticed that my motor on the bixler is a bit bandy

I will post a photo or two..what do you think? will it affect the performance?? 100_2109.JPG 100_2111.JPG 100_2115.JPG 100_2116.JPG

earthsciteach

Are you referring to the angle? If so, motors are usually installed with a bit of down angle and right angle to, 1) prevent ballooning when throttle is applied, and 2) counter prop torque.

That being said, yours looks like it has quite a bit of side angle to it. And, the Bix has such a small prop that I haven't found prop torque to be a factor at all. I have the same plane under a different brand name, installed a much more powerful motor and did not put in any side thrust angle. I have no issues, whatsoever. Down thrust is still necessary, though.

mick

so do you think that it is mounted correctly? will it fly good? it will be a pain in the neck to reglue it correctly..

earthsciteach

It should fly just fine. I wouldn't worry about changing it, unless you notice that you have to dial in a lot of trim and it annoys you. This design is extremely forgiving. My guess is that you won't have any issues whatsoever.