Another Spitfire Maiden

ThatPolishHotdog

Sweet. You'll have to tell us about it when you're ready.

Of course! It's really not much actually. Instead of pumping hotglue into the middle 2 score cuts that create the shape of the airfoil, I instead use some elmer's blue-gel school glue. Squeegee the excess, and let the wing dry for 3+ hours, and you've got a much lighter, and just as strong wing.

Of course! It's really not much actually. Instead of pumping hotglue into the middle 2 score cuts that create the shape of the airfoil, I instead use some elmer's blue-gel school glue. Squeegee the excess, and let the wing dry for 3+ hours, and you've got a much lighter, and just as strong wing.
Cool, I'm using different glues too. The only thing I use hot glue for now is to mount servos.
But I thought you said you removed foam?

ThatPolishHotdog

Cool, I'm using different glues too. The only thing I use hot glue for now is to mount servos.
But I thought you said you removed foam?

Not on the wings. From my knowledge about forces of stress, because the foam board has no foam parallel to the major force applied to the surface, removal of foam in any parts would critically reduce the structural integrity. I will test removing foam from inside the wing, but on this, I played it safe. All foam removed was inside the fuselage.