Antonov 225 scratch build video and flights

bozman

This was a ten hour build and after sitting on it for a long time I finally maidened it which meant I could finish this video.
You might think that its hard to scratch builds a plane but if you what this video you will see that its not that hard if you have the basic building skills

Here is a quick video I did on soldiering as part of the 3d printed A10 I designed and built, this I one skill that is very handy.

quorneng

Master member
The basic Antonov AN225 airframe without its jets is aerodynamically pretty efficient so driving it by a single pusher prop is not too extreme. Doing so in foam with 6 EDFs would be rather more difficult. Even 4 in the slightly smaller AN124 would be quite task. ;)

bozman

The basic Antonov AN225 airframe without its jets is aerodynamically pretty efficient so driving it by a single pusher prop is not too extreme. Doing so in foam with 6 EDFs would be rather more difficult. Even 4 in the slightly smaller AN124 would be quite task. ;)
Yeh , I agree, I did look into 3d printing some 30-35mm edf's and had some good success but the cost to fit them out with motors and esc's really pushed the price up. The real up side to 3d printing them was that I could do counter rotational edf units. The other down side was the extra weight.
I damaged the nose of it recently and I am considering 3d printing the fuse in LW-PLA. But thats another story.