Any 3d or just not this 3d ?

whackflyer

Master member
The first one the top shifted back and the hull went out forwards. The second one was much better but not perfect
Do you have a glass bed? If you get your bed leveled right and get your temps figured out with a glass bed, you pretty much won't have any problems with adhesion. Sometimes if the print has a lot of area contacting the bed I actually have to wait till the bed cools clear off so I can even get the print off.

OliverW

Legendary member
Do you have a glass bed? If you get your bed leveled right and get your temps figured out with a glass bed, you pretty much won't have any problems with adhesion. Sometimes if the print has a lot of area contacting the bed I actually have to wait till the bed cools clear off so I can even get the print off.
I don't. I am using the stock bed. The adhesion is almost too much. Here is the first benchy
20200120_193607.jpg

Zetoyoc

Elite member
It didn't. It just did that and then the second one came out better but still lumpy View attachment 155344
Thing is they don't usually "just do that". The code didn't change the printer thought it was doing the same thing. Something moved. Something changed, power outage? It may not have come off the bed but your bed is held on by magnets or binder clips. With a good tip strike you could move those things . Once you start to notice and pay attention to the details that cause changes and how to adjust them, your prints will improve considerably. One thing that helped mine dimensionally and smoothness (fewer holes and blobs) was calibrating my extruder e steps. Tell it to push out 100mm of plastic and Mark the filament before it goes into the machine and see what it actually does. Then adjust. There is a math formula for it but guess and check works too :). One of many things. Good luck

Andrew

G'day Mate
In your first Benchy it looks like Y steppermotor has lost steps, a lot of steps, that's why it's shifted over. This happens when that axis doesn't slide smoothly because of a tight spot.

Second Benchy, those wavy lines are usually from resonance vibration in the frame.

Those two mechanical problems that I can see and also you have some settings issue's in Cura.
If I were you l would go over everything on the frame and get it all perfect, X Y Z axis HAS to slide smoothly, no binding, no tight spot's, at the same time your frame has to be very strong and rigid. And then you work on your Cura settings.

OliverW

Legendary member
In your first Benchy it looks like Y steppermotor has lost steps, a lot of steps, that's why it's shifted over. This happens when that axis doesn't slide smoothly because of a tight spot.

Second Benchy, those wavy lines are usually from resonance vibration in the frame.

Those two mechanical problems that I can see and also you have some settings issue's in Cura.
If I were you l would go over everything on the frame and get it all perfect, X Y Z axis HAS to slide smoothly, no binding, no tight spot's, at the same time your frame has to be very strong and rigid. And then you work on your Cura settings.
Every thing slides smoothly all the way through. I am still learning cura and my helper isn't responding to my texts lol

Andrew

G'day Mate
Every thing slides smoothly all the way through. I am still learning cura and my helper isn't responding to my texts lol
It looks like by the time you did the second Benchy the shifting/steppermotor missing steps fixed it self, the tight/binding spot worked it self free.

If your got time can *you* post the Benchy G code file so I can print it out with your settings to see if it's something to do with your Cura settings.

EDIT, I left out the *you*

Last edited:

OliverW

Legendary member
It looks like by the time you did the second Benchy the shifting/steppermotor missing steps fixed it self, the tight/binding spot worked it self free.

If your got time can post the Benchy G code file so I can print it out with your settings to see if it's something to do with your Cura settings.
I have it running perfectly now! Thank you though. I had it on a table and @Grifflyer told me to never do that!!! Lol

sundown57

Legendary member
ok guys . I finally decided to pick up a phone and see what i could figure out. TH3D has email support only, Creality its self just told me to go to their website. BUT. ( and this should make Wildthing and BATTLEAXE ) I spoke with 3dprinting of Canada. They not only answered the phone but seemed willing to look into it. They said they would get back to us by the end of the week. well see.

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
Hi,

I had a fuse blow on my 3d printer, the one right next to the on/off switch. luckily, the printer came with a spare fuse. What is the reason it would blow? Is it something I should be worried about?

Thanks

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Hi,

I had a fuse blow on my 3d printer, the one right next to the on/off switch. luckily, the printer came with a spare fuse. What is the reason it would blow? Is it something I should be worried about?

Thanks
The obvious is that there was more of a power draw than the fuse was rated for. The good news is that it has a fuse that can blow, and nothing burned up. I'd definitely try to track down the reason it blew, though. You can imagine that it simply shouldn't happen under normal operating conditions.

I'd double check all the connections on both ends for anything that's heated, and then make sure the stepper motors aren't binding somewhere. If you had crossed wires, it would blow immediately, so a power draw seems more likely.

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
The obvious is that there was more of a power draw than the fuse was rated for. The good news is that it has a fuse that can blow, and nothing burned up. I'd definitely try to track down the reason it blew, though. You can imagine that it simply shouldn't happen under normal operating conditions.

I'd double check all the connections on both ends for anything that's heated, and then make sure the stepper motors aren't binding somewhere. If you had crossed wires, it would blow immediately, so a power draw seems more likely.

Thanks for the info!

I just checked the amp rating of the fuse that blew, it's rated for 3amps. The extra one in the parts bag is rated for 10amps.......:unsure: Maybe the 3amp was to small and that's why is blew under normal conditions?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Thanks for the info!

I just checked the amp rating of the fuse that blew, it's rated for 3amps. The extra one in the parts bag is rated for 10amps.......:unsure: Maybe the 3amp was to small and that's why is blew under normal conditions?
Hopefully you don't have any issues with the 10 amp fuse. The printer you got was used, right? Which model was it again?